Smoked Spicy Chicken Thighs

Chicken, turkey and any other yard birds.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

britt
Pilgrim

Smoked Spicy Chicken Thighs

Postby britt » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:45 am

How does smokey spicy chicken thighs sounds? Both my kids and husband absolutely love this recipe. Its seems to please everyone! We used to have a electric smokers which was really convenient for because you could just doing lovely smoked flavours and use it in the house! However that one just broke and we just picked up the green mountain smoker. I was never really into smoked meats but after buying this new smoker, ohhh I am 100% converted! Ive put the recipe below for everyone to check out, i am so excited about, cant wait to see what else I can make with it!

INGREDIENTS
6 chicken thighs with the skin on
1 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon thyme
1 tablespoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons cayenne[url][/url]
1 tablespoon salt
2 tablespoon black pepper
INSTRUCTIONS
Light your smoker and allow it to come up to a temperature of 200-220 degrees.
Mix all dry rub seasoning ingredients thoroughly.
Rub olive oil to fully coat the chicken thighs.
Sprinkle the mixed seasonings all over the chicken thighs to ensure they are fully coated with rub.
Lay your chicken thighs on the smoker rack and add smoker wood chips at the same time you add the meat. Apple, pecan, or cherry wood is ideal for this recipe.
It is recommended to ensure there is enough wood every hour. Smoke your chicken thighs for 2 hours and rotate them to ensure they cook evenly.
Total cooking time is 3 to 4 hours total depending on a variety of factors such as size of the thighs, temperature of the grill and outside, how windy it is, and how often you open the smoker lid which will let the heat out. Use an instant-read meat thermometer to check for an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
JustinCouch
Outlaw

Re: Smoked Spicy Chicken Thighs

Postby JustinCouch » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:17 am

I cant wait to try them britt. my fav part of the bird is the thigh. if you get a chance post some pics of your cooks. we like pictures here. hope to hear from you soon.
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Postby Williep » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:22 am

That does sound good and welcome to the forum. :salut: :salut:
castironchris USER_AVATAR
castironchris
Bandolero

Postby castironchris » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:31 pm

Looks good to me! Got some thighs in the freezer I just might try this on!
Weber 22" with SlownSear
Weber Smokey Mountain 22"
britt
Pilgrim

Postby britt » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:18 pm

Did anyone have a chance to make this bad boy? Lately, I have been working on perfecting jerky, I wasn't a fan of my beef jerky but I did really loooooooooooove my bacon jerky. Seriously is there a way to make bacon bad?????? :cheers:

Return to “Poultry Recipes”