Bacon wrapped, stuffed chicken

Chicken, turkey and any other yard birds.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Dan0rex
Pilgrim

Bacon wrapped, stuffed chicken

Postby Dan0rex » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:41 am

First off, I'm sorry I don't have any pics. I'm in Iraq right now, but I wanted to share one of my favorite recipes with you. I'll be making this when I get home, and I'll have some pics for you then. I usually make the chicken with a penne pasta, and a garlic butter cream sauce, but anything will do. You can also bake the chicken, but it tastes so much better on the grill.

Ingredients:

1lb thick cut bacon, peppered or hickory smoked
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
cream cheese
onion powder
chives
1lb penne pasta
fresh garlic, minced
flour, or cornstarch to thicken
milk, whole, 2%, doesn't matter
1/4lb butter

First off, I don't measure ingredients, it's all to taste, sorry. Mix your onion powder, chives, and cream cheese. The chives should be finely sliced. You could also put fresh onions in a food processor to very finely mince them, but the powder seems easier. Take your chicken breasts, and kinda fillet them in half, its easier than pounding them flat. Then you spread your cream cheese mixture onto one side, and roll it up. Then wrap your bacon around it. You may need a toothpick to hold it in place, I suggest soaking them in water if you do. Make as many of those as needed, and toss on the grill. Cook until the chicken is done. For the pasta and sauce, boil the pasta with salt. Melt the butter and put in the garlic, as much as you like. I like about 3 cloves, smashed and minced. Pour in the milk. Then you can make a rue, or add cornstarch, to thicken. Be careful of adding the pasta water to thicken it, it may be too salty.

I hope you like it, and if you find anything to add to it, or change in it, let me know. I'm always willing to learn and improve.
kenny 13 USER_AVATAR
Kenny 13
Outlaw

Re: Bacon wrapped, stuffed chicken

Postby Kenny 13 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:11 am

Sounds great. Gonna have to give this one a try.
Large Big Green Egg
Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold

What's On The Grill?
chilefarmer USER_AVATAR
ChileFarmer
Forum Star

Re: Bacon wrapped, stuffed chicken

Postby ChileFarmer » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:25 am

Dan, sure sounds like something I would eat. Gonna give it a try. CF :D
OK, get over it, you lost. God bless America

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee175/ChileFarmer" target="_blank
Lots of Sub folders to.