Egghead's Snapper Veracruzano

Fish, shrimp, lobster, crabs, scallops, and any other type of seafood.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Egghead's Snapper Veracruzano

Postby DATsBBQ » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:44 pm

Well no pics and while I didn't follow the letter of your recipe I did follow its intent. The Mrs was sure she was going go hate it.... but it in the end she loved it and so did I. I scaled it down for 2 fillets, used Sauvingnon Blanc instead of water and did it my stainless everyday pan (it was raining cats and dogs) on the stove top. Also used black olives instead of green olives and green chiles instead of jalps (a Mrs thing).

Your recipee:
Ingredients
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/2 cups thinly sliced onion
4 garlic cloves, minced
3 pounds ripe tomatoes, chopped
1 cup sliced pitted olives, divided
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup capers, divided
1/4 cup sliced pickled jalapeño peppers, divided
3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 1/2 teaspoons dried Mexican oregano
3 bay leaves
1 teaspoon salt, divided
6 (6-ounce) red snapper or other firm white fish fillets
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
Flat-leaf parsley sprigs (optional)
Preparation
Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, and sauté for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add tomatoes, 1/2 cup olives, water, 2 tablespoons capers, 2 tablespoons jalapeños, parsley, oregano, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until reduced to 6 cups. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt. Discard bay leaves.
Arrange fish in a single layer in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish; drizzle with lime juice, and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes; discard marinade.
Preheat grill to 350°.
Spoon sauce over fish. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup olives, 2 tablespoons capers, and 2 tablespoons jalapeños. Garnish with parsley sprigs, if desired.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Re: Egg Heads Snapper Veracruzano

Postby egghead » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:05 pm

Well done Dave - the mods sound good. I rarely follow a recipe - just something to keep you between the ditches. That's why I can't bake :laughing7:

Glad you liked it.
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE
IvanoFFTom
Pilgrim

Eggheads Snapper Veracruzano

Postby IvanoFFTom » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:31 pm

Hi all, Ive got a 4 kilo snapper i want to bake, has anyone got a good recipe please.
Cheers

___

XRumer 12.0.16 + SocPlugin: the BEST software for Facebook / VK / Forums / Blogs promotion!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Egghead's Snapper Veracruzano

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:43 pm

Sorry my boo boo :banghead:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"

Return to “Fish and Seafood”