Seafood hunger satisfied

Fish, shrimp, lobster, crabs, scallops, and any other type of seafood.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Seafood hunger satisfied

Postby Kiwiruss » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:19 pm

You guys keep posting and talking about seafood lately, so I was out for dinner with our dinner club group last night, a bunch of us go to different restaurants on the first wed of the month, we get turns to choose, well last night we had a Thai restaurant, I would normally have the chicken satay, but my mind was corrupted with a picture of the prawn pad Thai. I've been hanging out for prawns so I ordered that. It was the best meal I've had in 2 or 3 years, I'm definitely going back. Do you guys go to different ethnic restaurants? Next month we are going to a Persian place. We've been doing this for 6 years. The prawns were massive and sweet as. Hunger satisfied.

Russ
Be different.......we love different. :happ:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Seafood hunger satisfied

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:22 pm

In my world, it's limited to Chinese, Mex, Tex Mex, Southern or Cajun - - - if you can call those Ethnics ?
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:40 pm

Had my first Bahn Mi a week or so ago…I really enjoyed it. I try to mix in something different occasionally.

In addition to this OUP mentioned on the regular rotation we do some Cuban and Thai.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:59 pm

bsooner75 wrote:Had my first Bahn Mi a week or so ago…I really enjoyed it. I try to mix in something different occasionally.

In addition to this OUP mentioned on the regular rotation we do some Cuban and Thai.

Hmmm Cuban, that place has always fascinated me with their American V8s,lol. What sort do you like with a Cuban flavour,? I've never thought about their cuisine and I don't think Andrew zimmern has done Cuba ??

Russ
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:53 pm

We are kinda Cuban Sandwich junkies. If we are at a Cuban restaurant for dinner I usually go with Ropa Vieja.

kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:59 am

bsooner75 wrote:We are kinda Cuban Sandwich junkies. If we are at a Cuban restaurant for dinner I usually go with Ropa Vieja.

Giggled it, thanks, I've copied and will try in next few months, perfect for winter here.

Russ
tasso-hunter USER_AVATAR
Tasso-Hunter
Rustler

Postby Tasso-Hunter » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:17 am

Oh...here in Italy the king of the ethnic is japan food at the moment (sushi, sashimi, tempura...)
For the rest there aren't many available choice a part kebab and chinese but they're anything's special in my opinion....
So..no I usually don't go to ethnic restaurant, but fortunately Italy is done by a lot of different regions and each one has his traditional food (often very different from the others), and is easy drive from a region to an other so you have the possibility to eat different Italian traditional food like if it would be from a different country :laughing7: :laughing7:
Sometimes a passion needs just a spark to light and become a big fire that will never die...
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:02 pm

Tasso-Hunter wrote:Oh...here in Italy the king of the ethnic is japan food at the moment (sushi, sashimi, tempura...)
For the rest there aren't many available choice a part kebab and chinese but they're anything's special in my opinion....
So..no I usually don't go to ethnic restaurant, but fortunately Italy is done by a lot of different regions and each one has his traditional food (often very different from the others), and is easy drive from a region to an other so you have the possibility to eat different Italian traditional food like if it would be from a different country :laughing7: :laughing7:

Tasso I cook Italian as my kids and grand kids just love pasta, wife recently bought me a pasta maker, havnt used it yet, but it's on the list, my daughters spent time in Japan and cooked it for Mother's Day. The vegetable omelette was amazing and the chicken in panko was beautiful as well.

Russ
tasso-hunter USER_AVATAR
Tasso-Hunter
Rustler

Postby Tasso-Hunter » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:22 am

Kiwiruss wrote:
Tasso-Hunter wrote:Oh...here in Italy the king of the ethnic is japan food at the moment (sushi, sashimi, tempura...)

Tasso I cook Italian as my kids and grand kids just love pasta, wife recently bought me a pasta maker, havnt used it yet, but it's on the list, my daughters spent time in Japan and cooked it for Mother's Day. The vegetable omelette was amazing and the chicken in panko was beautiful as well.

Russ

Nice..which kind of pasta maker did your wife buy ?
Sometimes a passion needs just a spark to light and become a big fire that will never die...
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:47 pm

Tasso-Hunter wrote:
Kiwiruss wrote:

Russ

Nice..which kind of pasta maker did your wife buy ?

Just a small hand wound one, I put a pic up later, it's in the garage at the moment.

Russ

Return to “Fish and Seafood”