Foiled Shrimp Boil Dinner

Fish, shrimp, lobster, crabs, scallops, and any other type of seafood.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Foiled Shrimp Boil Dinner

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:25 am

My FB Friend sent this one to us and I thought I'd share it with everyone. :tup:
ShrimpBoilFoilDinner.jpg

Shrimp Boil Foil Packs
Prep time
10 mins
Cook time
40 mins
Total time
50 mins
Serves: 4
Ingredients
1 pound shrimp, peeled and de-veined
2 ears of corn on the cob, husked
½ pound andouille sausage
1 pound baby red potatoes OR baby yellow potatoes
3 tablespoons old bay seasoning OR homemade seasoning (see note)
salt and pepper, to taste
3 teaspoons minced garlic
juice of ½ lemon, plus lemon wedges for serving
3 tablespoons, melted + ½ cup butter, divided
chopped fresh parsley, for topping
Instructions
Chop corn into thirds, then chop each third in half lengthwise. Chop potatoes into 2 inch pieces. Boil corn and potatoes for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
In a large bowl combine shrimp, sausage, corn, and potatoes. Stir together melted 3 tablespoons butter, Old Bay seasoning, garlic, juice from half a lemon, and salt and pepper to taste and pour over shrimp, sausage, and veggies. Stir to coat.
Divide between four 12x12 inch sheets of aluminum foil. Fold edges of foil up around the food to create a closed packet.
Cook on preheated grill over medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes on one side, then flip and cook another 5-6 minutes on the second side. Alternately, you can bake the packets at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes until corn is tender and shrimp are pink and fully cooked.
While packets are cooking, melt remaining butter in a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat. Once melted, continue to stir gently over medium heat for 3-4 minutes longer until color changes from pale yellow to a golden amber (but be careful not to burn it).
Serve shrimp boil packs topped with chopped parsley, lemon wedges for squeezing, and browned butter for drizzling over the top or dipping.

Notes
Homemade Old Bay Seasoning: whisk together 1 tablespoon celery salt, 1 teaspoon paprika, ½ teaspoon black pepper, ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper, ¼ teaspoon dry mustard, ⅛ teaspoon each allspice, cloves, and a pinch of ground ginger.
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
castironchris USER_AVATAR
castironchris
Bandolero

Re: Foiled Shrimp Boil Dinner

Postby castironchris » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:11 am

Looks good to me!! I have done something similar in the past and it was delicious but I was mostly just throwing crap together. I will try this fo sho!!
Weber 22" with SlownSear
Weber Smokey Mountain 22"
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Postby Williep » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:46 am

That right there would be good. :cheers: :cheers:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:33 pm

think I'll do something similar next week - - - right now I"m trying to survive having my youngest Step-sons BD Party here tomorrow - - - - the resident Menu Monster here is about to kill me with ideas that "your truly" has to chop, clean and prepare, but, after all, it's her baby boy :whiteflag: :chef: :banghead:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
88rxna
Rustler

Postby 88rxna » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:49 pm

Very nice sir!
We've been wanting to do something like this.
Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
tx1911 USER_AVATAR
TX1911
Deputy

Postby TX1911 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:10 pm

Nothing wrong with That! That's campin food!
Custom 24x48 offset trailer pit
Weber Smokefire EX6
Vision B Series kamado
Race Crew Drum
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:14 pm

welp, I done d'it and Lawdy was it good - - - - took castiron chris' suggestion and threw in some extra veggies that weren't in the menu above and I also went very heavy on Suckle Busters Cajun Seasoning :tup: all of those decisions were made after the Wiffy said she wanted two microwave corn dogs - - - - it then became MY LUNCH FIXINS :chef:

par-boiled corn n taters in a bowl with the butter seasonings sauce - along with other goodies
IMG_0011.JPG

in the foil packet and then in the oven at 400 for 10 min each side
IMG_0012.JPG

plated and ready for my growling tummy
IMG_0014.JPG
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:12 pm

Nice job oup, I also thought I'd add cabbage to the cook. I'd love to be your neighbour. My wife hates seafood.lol.

Russ
Be different.......we love different. :happ:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:46 pm

Cabbage would be great in there, Pard, as would Brussel Sprouts (mini-cabbages) - - - matter of fact I think I'll sub brussel sprouts for the broc and cali next time - - - snow peas might do well also :dont:
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:10 pm

I pan fry my sprouts cut in half, bit of balsamic,yummo. You live well my friend.

Russ
Be different.......we love different. :happ:
castironchris
Bandolero

Postby castironchris » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:59 am

Never thought of brussel sprouts but I think they would be perfect!!
Weber 22" with SlownSear
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:21 am

I sure think so, Chris, snow peas will be in my next one also :tup:
castironchris
Bandolero

Postby castironchris » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:42 am

Wifey picked up some sauce the other day called Yo soy La sriracha or something like that which is kinda like terriaki but with a little heat at the end. We ate it on some poke chops the other night but now I am thinking about a shrimp packet with some veggies that would lend a more asian style of dish with that sauce. Might be kind of good. :idea: :idea:
Weber 22" with SlownSear
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:03 pm

:tup: "sick'em" :salut:

Return to “Fish and Seafood”