Tater Pancakes

Salads, slaws, veggies, chili, soup, anything you serve with a meal.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Tater Pancakes

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:28 pm

I got some mashed taters leftover and wanted to make some tater pancakes in the morning. There are lots of recipes on the net but I was wondering if any of Y'all had a "secret" or "favorite" way to do them???

TIA, :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
Dodis
Pilgrim

Re: Tater Pancakes

Postby Dodis » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:40 pm

Well, not 'Tater Panackes', but my wife's favorite with leftover mash is cook up some chorizo and mix it all together...

Mike "Dodis"
chilefarmer USER_AVATAR
ChileFarmer
Forum Star

Postby ChileFarmer » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:03 pm

I have used this one with mashed potatoes. CF :D

Potato Pancakes
2 large baking potatoes, peeled and diced
2 eggs
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1-1/4 teaspoon salt
2 garlic cloves
sunflower oil for frying
Sour cream to serve

1. In a food processor add potatoes, eggs, flour, salt and garlic. Blend well until pureed. In a 9-inch skillet on medium heat add enough oil to fry pancakes (about 1-14 inch).

2. Drop tablespoonfuls of potato mixture into skillet and spread out to a 3-inch circle, about 1/4-inch thick.

3. Fry until brown on the bottom (don't turn until the pancake is brown or it will stick), about 3 to 5 minutes. Turn the pancake and fry the other side 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sour cream.
OK, get over it, you lost. God bless America

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee175/ChileFarmer" target="_blank
Lots of Sub folders to.

http://curingandsmoking.blogspot.com/" target="_blank
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:36 pm

thanks, CF, think I'll use that in the morning but tweek the garlic with some sugar and cinnamon - - -I'll let you know how it goes. :chef: Also thanks, Mike, I haven't had chorizo in the frig in a long while so it's going on the gro list right now. :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
okie sawbones USER_AVATAR
Okie Sawbones
Outlaw

Postby Okie Sawbones » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:25 pm

The simpler the better. I like a hint of cheese.

3 cups of mashed potatoes
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup of flour divided
1 Tbs. of grated onion or green onion
Oil to saute
KCBS - CBJ
PNWBA - CBJ
Jambo Clone, Primo Oval XL, Blaz'n Grills Pellet Stove, Weber 22.5", Lynx SS Grill, The Big Easy
VFW - Life, DAV - Life
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:12 am

UPDATE: Edit test for Gator
okie sawbones USER_AVATAR
Okie Sawbones
Outlaw

Postby Okie Sawbones » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:49 am

Live and learn, eh?
KCBS - CBJ
PNWBA - CBJ
Jambo Clone, Primo Oval XL, Blaz'n Grills Pellet Stove, Weber 22.5", Lynx SS Grill, The Big Easy
VFW - Life, DAV - Life
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:29 am

:tup: as my Cajun friend says "??it Happens"- - definitely my last mashed tater endeavor - - - I should have known to cook rice anyhow :whiteflag:
hj USER_AVATAR
Hj
Bandolero

Postby Hj » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:39 pm

Love all your ideas ñ I have used one of those veggie threaders or an attachment on a Kitchen Aid mixer (threader that cuts veggies into threads even for the taters to start with - but I always rinse ñ soak the threaded taters in cold water ñ sometimes make them days ahead just change the water. They kept up to 3 days ñ drain them well ñ pat dry first with paper towels or a clean linen towel (those taters plain are great fried in hot oil quick - salted ñ malt vinegar) - back to what I was typing ñ add veggies ñ onion or use onion granular to any of the potato pancakes or any of U make adding any of those delicious sounding recipes all ready posted with any squashes – thin onion or use onion ñ garlic granular mixed in. Frying bacon ñ crumble - adding to the mix ñ sometimes replace the flour with pancake mix ñ actually make pancakes but I add little baking powder if just using flour. That chorizo that someone mentioned sounds great also. They are brusting with flavor with veggies added. I used eggplant also with the taters.
A mistake is sometimes a great creation

Return to “Sides and Such”