Potato Salad

Salads, slaws, veggies, chili, soup, anything you serve with a meal.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Re: Potato Salad

Postby Russ » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:35 pm

Sailor Kenshin wrote:Here's our latest, decorated with a rib eye steak.

First I mixed the salad 'sauce:' generous dollop of mayo, squirt of yellow mustard, spoonful of MW, and a couple of tablespoons pickle juice. Salt, pepper. Minced celery, parsley, white and green onyawn.

The taters were four medium redskinned, pierced so they don't explode, nuked on a plate until soft enough to squish. Maybe eight minutes, more or less.

This is where the pain comes in. Even with those blue food gloves, hot potatoes HURT. They get crumbled hot, right into the dressing so they absorb some, , then refrigerated. Just before serving, I stirred in a spoonful of yogurt. We don't always do that. You could use sour cream, or leave out the dairy altogether.

Quick, easy, doesn't heat up the kitchen.

I've seen this before, I've copied, right up my alley.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:38 pm

Professor Bunky wrote:SK's Potato Salad was quite good! :chef:

It looked very good. I could eat potato salad with every meal. But i could do the same with cottage cheese.
hj USER_AVATAR
Hj
Bandolero

Postby Hj » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:41 pm

Hj's GERMAN Hot potato salad hot with escarole rinse n clean well lots ñ lots of bacon with some bacon grease - about 1/4 c. apple vinegar - onion - potatoes - celery 1 rib chop very small with some leaves - little garlic granular-
- pepper -Accent - little flour or cornstarch for gluten free to thicken as Thick as U like - 1 to 2 tsps. Better Than Chicken Base or used earlier years chicken broth or bullion cubes - water -:dash of sugar if bitter at the end ñ salt now if needed not much

My German Hot Potato I made in 1960 ñ a few changes to update it . COLD Tater Salad is BELOW

Cold Potato Salad Hj's

Potatoes Yukon boiled ñ cube - 1 medium to large onion chop raw- 2 ribs celery raw chop - Fried bacon - drain ñ crumbled or chop LOTS

In a bowel - mix together ñ taste ñ adjust if needed to all before adding to the above

2 to 3 tsps. apple cider vinegar - 1 to 1½ tsps. yellow mustard - mayo ñ sometimes a little sour cream mixed to mayo - touch of sugar to balance it all not much salt pepper ñ touch garlic granular. COVER ñ chill well for flavors to meld together.
A mistake is sometimes a great creation

Return to “Sides and Such”