Cheese Danish

The sweet ending to a perfect meal.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

wbbq USER_AVATAR
WBBQ
Bandolero

Cheese Danish

Postby WBBQ » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:27 pm

I got this recipe from a guy at my last job. His wife made it for all of our office parties and it was always a big hit. I stole it and started making it for the office parties at my new job and for family get-togethers...still a big hit. It's pretty simple. I believe it probably came out of a Pillsbury cook book?

2 Cans Pillsbury crescent rolls or their new creations.
2 packages of cream cheese
1 cup of sugar
Brummel & Brown yogurt spread or any spreadable butter
1 table sp Cinnamon
1 table sp Sugar
1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
teaspoon Vanilla
greased 9 x 13 baking dish

Preheat oven to 350. Set Cream cheese out to soften. While the cream cheese is softening, spray or grease the pan a lay a 1 box of the crescent rolls or creations into a layer on the bottom of the pan (if using crescent rolls, pinch the seems together). Then mix cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla together and spread over the dough. Place the remaining roll of crescent rolls/creations on top, pinching the seems together if required. next spread a thin layer of butter spread over top layer of dough. After that, sprinkle with sugar, cinnamon, and nuts. Bake at 350 for 30 mins or until golden brown. Let it cool to room temperature, cover and refrigerate for a couple of hours up to overnight, then cut into squares.

Another alternative is to 86 the cinnamon and nuts, add cherry pie filling between the layer of cream cheese and dough. then make a glaze from powdered sugar and water and drizzle over just before serving. This method is a bit messy and does not make neat squares (unless you just spoon out the cherries and not use all of the filling) but it tastes very good.

Thanks,
Weldon
Weldon

Lone Star Grillz Large Cabinet Smoker
Old Country Pecos Smoker
Blaz'n Grill Works Grid Iron Pellet Smoker
Monolith BBQ Guru Edition Kamado Smoker
Sunterra 36" Santa Maria Grill
Weber Gas Grill

Return to “Desserts”