marinade recipes

Looking for something special but dont see it? Post your request here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

agohl
Pilgrim

marinade recipes

Postby agohl » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:22 pm

I am completely new to the world of marinade, and need advice. I looked up a little bit online and know that a marinade needs an acid, an oil, and seasonings. Only problem is, I don't know what goes with what. Can anyone help me out? I'm trying to come up with a good marinade for ribs. Thanks.
agohl
Pilgrim

Re: marinade recipes

Postby agohl » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:33 pm

best way to cook ribs is just smoke it?
cliffcarter USER_AVATAR
CliffCarter
Cowboy

Postby CliffCarter » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:56 pm

Apply your favorite rub and cook. Or, apply your favorite rub, cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1-6 hours and the rub acts as a dry marinade.
agohl
Pilgrim

Postby agohl » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:03 pm

ahh ok. so dry rub is the best way to go with pork. so i'm guessing marinade is more for beef? or is marinade just not for bbq?
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:10 pm

agohl wrote:I am completely new to the world of marinade, and need advice. I looked up a little bit online and know that a marinade needs an acid, an oil, and seasonings. Only problem is, I don't know what goes with what. Can anyone help me out? I'm trying to come up with a good marinade for ribs. Thanks.

Marinade is good for things that might be dry and tough when cooked Hence the oil for the dry and acid to help tenderize. Chicken breast comes to mind.
For BBQ I don't marinade anything. Low and slow and foiling will usually take care of any tough or moisture problems on the stuff we normally BBQ.
tarde venientibus ossa....

Return to “Request a Recipe”