Brown Sugar, Honey, Cinnamon rub recipe for ribs

Looking for something special but dont see it? Post your request here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

go77377
Pilgrim

Brown Sugar, Honey, Cinnamon rub recipe for ribs

Postby go77377 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:51 pm

Awhile back I experimented with a Brown Sugar, Honey, Cinnamon rub concoction on some baby back ribs. The flavor was ok, but seem to be lacking something. What I did was rub the ribs with honey, then coated with brown sugar, then a slight sprinkle of cinnamon. At the time I cooked them on a coal pit. What I want to do now is cook the ribs using the 3-2-1 method on my electric smoker.

I did some ribs today just using Tony's Chachere's, plus a spiced mopping sauce, the ribs really turned out pretty darn good but just a tad on the spicy side which was ok, but now I want a sweet rub. I have browsed this section but not really able to find what I was looking for.

Any suggestions on tweaking the flavor, plus when I wrap the ribs in foil should I add any ingredients to entice the flavor?

Thanks
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Re: Brown Sugar, Honey, Cinnamon rub recipe for ribs

Postby Papa Tom » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:25 pm

Yes mix SuckleBusters Hog Waller 50/50 with brown sugar. Mist with water if necessary to get the rub to stick.
tarde venientibus ossa....
tex_toby USER_AVATAR
tex_toby
Deputy

Re: Brown Sugar, Honey, Cinnamon rub recipe for ribs

Postby tex_toby » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:32 am

go77377 wrote:plus when I wrap the ribs in foil should I add any ingredients to entice the flavor?

When I wrap my ribs, I pour a little apple juice or white grape juice in the pan. I use a baking pan and foil over the top to wrap mine so I don't have to worry about a hole getting poked into the bottom of the foil.
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Custom Mobile Stick Burner
Summerset TRL 32" Built-In Grill
Weber Q2200
48" Custom Firepit
Bertello Pizza Oven

I can't always please everybody. I'm not bacon.

Return to “Request a Recipe”