Stuffed Mushrooms

Looking for something special but dont see it? Post your request here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Allie

Stuffed Mushrooms

Postby Allie » Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:29 pm

I got some really nice looking mushrooms at the store on Saturday. They are like really big button mushrooms, nothing expensive or fancy. lol I would like to stuff them if someone can give me some tips! I don't have any cream cheese but do have sharp cheddar, mozarella, and provolone, as well as some good parmesan. I also have bread crumbs and lots of other pantry staples. TIA!
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:39 pm

I posted a recipe that I use all the time in Sides and Such. :D Maybe something like you are looking for. :D
Jim
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:46 pm

Sorry, can't help as I don't eat fungus. While millions do, I don't 8)
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
Allie

Postby Allie » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:08 pm

Jim, that recipe looks great but sadly, I don't have everything here and I spent so much at the store, that I refuse to go back until next weekend. lol
Allie

Postby Allie » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:09 pm

DATsBBQ wrote:Sorry, can't help as I don't eat fungus. While millions do, I don't 8)

No problem! I know lots of people who don't like shrooms! I'd bet you eat something that I don't like or know how to prepare. lol
copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Postby copkid » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:13 am

I would just experiment Allie. Try some cooked sausage or hamburger, even cut up chix and make some with different cheeses. Toss the bread crumbs with some parmesan, etc. Use some garlic, thyme, parsley, sage would be good too. Just throwing out some ideas. Drizzle with EVOO before baking or broiling. Yum!!!
Laura
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope
-Tacitus

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulders, and your hand over my mouth!
Allie

Postby Allie » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:13 am

Thanks for the ideas! I love the ones from the local Chinese restaurants. They seem to be just a mixture of bread crumbs and different herbs. I have fresh parsley from my one plant that needs desperately to be used so I'll try some of it!
copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Postby copkid » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:24 am

Did you fix your shrooms Allie?
Laura
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope

-Tacitus

Allie

Postby Allie » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:40 am

Can you believe I forgot? Yesterday afternoon I did some major cleaning and got so aggravated with my messy family that it was enough to just remember to make dinner. lol

I'm baking some pork chops tonight so will make them at the same time! No forgetting today, I don't want them to ruin!
Allie

Postby Allie » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:57 pm

I made them tonight. I just mixed bread crumbs, melted butter, fresh parsley and chives out of my garden and fresh grated parmesan. They were good but the mix was a little dry. I'll continue to play around with it when I get the chance. I still want to try Jim's recipe soon!
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:26 pm

Beat recipe I ever made:

2 huge T-Bones
Salt
Pepper
2 Schrooms

Chop the schrooms into squirrel size morsels, set aside.

Season Steaks with salt & pepper
Grill steaks over hot coals till done to taste.

Serve steaks,

Sprinkle the schrooms in neighbors yard to feed the tree rats. :lol:
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Postby copkid » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:36 pm

Don't pay any attention to him Allie, He's just mad at squirrels right now! :lol: :lol: :P
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope

-Tacitus

Toontroller
Bandolero

Postby Toontroller » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:30 am

Allie wrote:I made them tonight. I just mixed bread crumbs, melted butter, fresh parsley and chives out of my garden and fresh grated parmesan. They were good but the mix was a little dry. I'll continue to play around with it when I get the chance. I still want to try Jim's recipe soon!

Allie, do the same thing again but wrap in bacon then run em under the broiler. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Allie

Postby Allie » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:08 am

I never thought about bacon! YUMM!! Anything is good with bacon....it's a pork fat thing! lol

Return to “Request a Recipe”