Southern Louisiana Smoke Pork Sausage Stuffing Recipe

Looking for something special but dont see it? Post your request here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

searacer USER_AVATAR
searacer
Pilgrim

Southern Louisiana Smoke Pork Sausage Stuffing Recipe

Postby searacer » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:00 am

HI
I am really glad to have found this forum lots of good information in these treads, I'm looking for a central or southern Louisiana pork smoke sausage recipe if any ones cares to share I really interested in uses that recipe. I bought smoked sausages from Lafayette, Eunice, and ville plate areas and just love that Cajun stuffing recipe

Love to hear back from you

Searacer
hj USER_AVATAR
Hj
Bandolero

Re: Southern Louisiana Smoke Pork Sausage Stuffing Recipe

Postby Hj » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:24 pm

Pork Cajun Sausage
3 lbs. pork with plenty of fat - used Boston Butt cut into 1”cubes
1 Spanish onion medium chopped
3 Tbsps garlic mince
1 T. thyme leaves fresh chop
4 Tbsps. paprika
1/2 tsps. cayenne or as U like it cause everything made with it will be hot as U know
1 tsp. cumin
1 T. Kosher salt
1 tsp. crushed red pepper
1 tsp. ground black pepper
4 tsps. chili powder
1/4 tsps. ground allspice
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and toss thoroughly. Cover - let stand chilled overnight (this step is optional. Place all grinding equipment in the refrigerator 1 hour before grinding. Using 1/2″ die for meat grinder grind all of the ingredients. Alternatively can finely mince all ingredients in a food processor or by hand. Cook a small patty to taste for seasonings - reseason if necessary. Make into about 10 inch lengths. When finished – “vacuum seal” links into individual portions ñ freeze. Keeps very long period of time in freezer. Use for smoking the sausage 1 large pinch http://www.butcher-packer.com/pg_curing_dq.htm
A mistake is sometimes a great creation
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:56 pm

For some reason the link to Butcher Packer is not working so you need to cure sausage that is to be smoked. The proper amount of curing agent is 1 level teaspoon of Modern Cure #1 (pink salt #1) per 5 lb of meat for this recipe use 3/4 teaspoon of cure. I would add the cure just before grinding and be sure the grind gets mixed thoroughly. Stuff immediately after grinding then hang to dry (to tacky feel) then smoke.
tarde venientibus ossa....
chilefarmer USER_AVATAR
ChileFarmer
Forum Star

Postby ChileFarmer » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:08 pm

Andouille Sausage Is my favorite, CF :D

Andouille sausage has a rich, smoky flavor. Traditionally, it’s made with pork, salt, pepper and garlic and smoked over pecan wood and sugar cane.
Ingredients
• 1 tbsp dry thyme
• 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
• 4 tbsp salt
• 1 1/2 tsp filé powder
• 1/4 cup cracked black pepper
• 1/2 cup chopped garlic
• 1/2 lb pork fat
• 5 lbs pork butt
1 teaspoon cure number 1
• 6 ft beef middle casing
Directions
Cube pork butt into half-inch cubes (as long as your meat grinder can handle cubes this size, otherwise, cut smaller). Using a meat grinder, grind pork and pork fat together.
Place the ground pork in a large mixing bowl and add all remaining ingredients, stirring to blend (you may need to mix with your hands).

If you'd like to test the seasoning before making the sausage, heat about a tablespoon of oil in a pan, add about one teaspoon of the mixture and cook. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
Once well blended, stuff meat into casings in one-foot links, using the sausage attachment on your meat grinder. Tie both ends of the sausage securely.
In your home smoker, smoke andouille at 175-200°F for approximately four to five hours. Using pecan or hickory wood is traditional (and I prefer it) but it isn't necessary. The andouille may then be frozen and grilled or added to gumbos, beans, or pasta.
OK, get over it, you lost. God bless America

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee175/ChileFarmer" target="_blank
Lots of Sub folders to.

http://curingandsmoking.blogspot.com/" target="_blank
jmcrig USER_AVATAR
jmcrig
Bandolero

Postby jmcrig » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:09 pm

+1 with PapaTom.
Mark Crigler

Return to “Request a Recipe”