Requesting for a low carb chicken recipe

Looking for something special but dont see it? Post your request here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Mells
Pilgrim

Requesting for a low carb chicken recipe

Postby Mells » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:07 pm

Hi, I am on a low carb diet to lose some weight. I have tried almost all basic foods and I wish to try something new. As a part of it I bought some food spices from Horton Spice mills. I am all excited to try. Waiting for some easy recipes. Please share.
okie sawbones USER_AVATAR
Okie Sawbones
Outlaw

Re: Requesting for a low carb chicken recipe

Postby Okie Sawbones » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:12 am

Smoking a chicken is about as low carb as you can get, and is certainly tasty. You didn't mention if you have a smoker.

This is a recipe I use from time to time, with little carbs:

This chicken Francaise recipe is the one famously served in French restaurants. It showcases a thick, buttery, lemony sauce with just a hint of something that no one can quite figure out.

Ingredients:

• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, pounded thin
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 3 large eggs, beaten
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1/2 cup dry white wine
• 1/2 cup chicken stock
• 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 1/4 cup butter
• Salt and pepper, to finish
• 1/4 cup chopped, fresh parsley
• 1 whole lemon, very thinly sliced

Preparation:

Heat the olive oil in a large skillet set over medium high heat. Stir together the flour, salt, and pepper. Dredge the chicken breasts in the flour mixture, making sure to coat the whole surface of the chicken. Shake off any excess flour; there only needs to be a thin coating of it on the chicken. Quickly dip the chicken in the eggs and allow any excess egg to run off.

Place the prepared chicken in the heated oil and fry the chicken breasts for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until the meat is cooked through and golden brown. Remove the chicken pieces and place them on a triple-layer of clean paper towels to drain. Loosely tent the chicken with foil to retain the heat.

Pour off and discard the remaining oil in the skillet. Deglaze the pan over medium-high heat with the white wine, chicken stock, and lemon juice, scraping up any browned bits left over from the chicken. Place the butter, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste, in the pan and reduce the heat to medium. Allow the sauce to simmer and thicken, until it can coat the back of a spoon.

Place the fried chicken into the lemon sauce and allow it to warm through for a minute, turning once. Transfer the chicken to a serving plate and layer with the thin lemon slices as a garnish. Drizzle any remaining sauce over the chicken breasts and serve immediately.
KCBS - CBJ
PNWBA - CBJ
Jambo Clone, Primo Oval XL, Blaz'n Grills Pellet Stove, Weber 22.5", Lynx SS Grill, The Big Easy
VFW - Life, DAV - Life
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:33 am

My favorite way to cook and EAT chicken is "beer butted style" and you can substitute other liquids for the beer and still come out with a juicy and tasty bird. You can also do these in the oven or on the grill. Use the rubs or seasonings of your choice. Lots of vids on Youtube but I suggest if you go with this then get you a beer butt chicken rack and it will be so much easier for you and be sure to set the chicken and rack in a pan to catch the pot-liquor. A well chosen salad side and you're feasting and fasting "low carb style" :chef:

OH, one more thing - "Welcome to the Forum, Mell" :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
hj USER_AVATAR
Hj
Bandolero

Postby Hj » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:02 pm

Hi
Low carb chicken is without skin and than one can still make it low carb ( if using skin for flavor) by coulagating the juices and throwing away the fat n using the broth or juice.
Baking grilling is always good also.

Marinate skinless chicken with limes - lemons and any seasonings.
Grill or bake with lemon juice 0 garlic granular - salt and pepper with a touch of basil leaves chopped and Romano or Parm grated cheese or leave cheese off.

Roast chicken and shred it .. Cook up little large pasta tubes - drain well season with salt - pepper - garlic granular and little melted butter with olive oil mixed n touch of red crushed pepper flakes.

Chicken Soup with veggies YOU are allowed to eat. But make sure you coulagate or remove that fat. I boil it and remove chicken - place the broth in freezer and fat is extremely easy to remove at that time and continue adding whatever you want in the soup or mixed with veggies.

Cooked chicken and shred it. Place it over a quarter of a head of COLD lettuce with a little spinach - bacon fried - drained well and Ranch dressing or Blue cheese dressing salt and pepper with a few cold cherry tomatoes.

Make boiled chicken - cube or shred and add some egg salad mixed with it.
Chicken cooked in marinara sauce is good with using veggies to pour it over rather than pasta or use spaghetti sqauashed baked and pour chicken marinara sauce over it.

Chicken shredded over tortilla's or chicken taco's or make chicken sandwiches with lettuce - instead of bread - making either wraps or top and bottom of sturdy lettuce and thin slices of tomatoes- mushrooms= not a lot of onion cause onion is high in carbs.

Baked chicken flautas OH and I stuff skinless chicken breast with a slit in the breast adding roasted green chiles and what ever else you like. n bake that with homemade green chile sauce. Making the gr. chili sauce you know exactly what is in the sauce. No flour just lots of green chiles and chicken broth with seasonings and I use arrowroot when I want to cut back on calories to thicken it. OTHER WISE it is Masa Hernia and flour.

Have many more ideas and recipes I made over the year. But the key is too remove as much fat and skin for dieting. Chicken is protein as you know. Removing all the fat and batter like frying it in oil is best and than you can STILL have the taste of fried Chicken by purchasing an electric Phillips AIR FRYER or one similar to it. Does a great job with NO EXTRA OIL OR FAT. Hope this helped.

Forgot these to help you also :lol:
Take egg salad plain or add some shredded chicken and fill some cherry tomatoes.
or make "baked chicken meatballs" these are great

Baked Chicken Balls Hj’s

1 lbs. gr. chicken
3 roasted green chiles seeded ñ membrane removed dice fine
Red fresno peppers roasted ñ diced fine or ½ red bell sweet small
2 eggs
2 Tbsps. dried onion granular or use diced fine onion yellow
1 T. garlic granular
little cumin powder to UR liking
1⁄2 tsp. black pepper ñ red crushed pepper for spicy if U want
salt to UR taste
1⁄2 lb. sharp cheddar cheese shredded

Use any other seasonings U might like - I make southwestern style also

Using hands mix all together well. Form 1 to 1½ “ chicken meatballs or whatever size U like ñ place on a baking sheet or deep pan.

Bake 375°F. about 25 minutes. or bake 350 about 30 minutes all depends on size of the meatballs.

Once cooled - can go into freezer zip bags ñ frozen for a grab ñ go anytime eating.

Note~ for Scotch eggs mold a bit of the raw meat mixture around a peeled hard boiled egg or eggs - bake 350°F. 30 minutes. This is really good for loosing weight on the go.

or

Chicken Salsa Bake
2) 4 oz. chicken breasts boneless skinless
2 tsps. taco seasoning make UR own taco seasoning with NO SUGAR
1⁄2 c. salsa home made
1⁄2 c. low fat cheddar cheese shredded or Mexican Blend

Preheat oven 350 ° F.
Spray baking dish with cooking spray very lightly .
Lightly coat chicken with taco seasoning - on both sides – place salsa over top of breasts.
Bake – covered - about 30 to 35 minutes or cooked thru not dried out.

Sprinkle cheese on both breasts evenly - bake another 5 minutes or cheese melts.

Note~ can marinated chicken in a tequila lime marinade for a day too.

~Make Torilla's or a pizza crust to help you placing chicken on it also.
Taco Homemade for Dieting
Makes 1 shell

1⁄3 c. cheddar cheese
parchment paper

Place 1/3 cup cheese in thin layer on parchment paper.
Microwave on high 1 minute or till cheese is bubbly.
While cheese is still flexible with parchment paper still attached - bend the cheese over a round object to give it a taco shell shape.
The smaller in diameter the object is - the closer to a normal taco shell shape it will be.
Let cheese cool while around the object.
After cooling - peel it from parchment paper.
Use this to make tacos - with normal fillings such as taco seasoned meat – lettuce – tomatoes – cheese ñ sour cream or make smaller version of these shells to serve as low carb chips.

Or use a slice of Provolone cheese – place cheese on a waxed paper plate. Microwave 1 minute ñ 20 seconds or till it melts. When it was done - got it off the paper plate - set it on a napkin - just bent it till it held it's shape. Then filled with taco fillings – meat - sour cream – guacamole – onions -tomatoes ñ lettuce.

Can use sliced deli cheddar ñ microwave each one little longer 1 minute 30 seconds to get it crunchy and not chewy. Drain them right out of the microwave oven by pouring fat from paper plate or I use a microwave plate ñ blotted them with paper towels - final results was not greasy at all – but all the fat drains off them.

Or Make~

~Cauliflower Pizza Crust

Grate cauliflower ñ steam - let cool.
Mix 1½ cups cauliflower crumbles with ~
Egg - cheese ñ spices. Use mozzarella or any varieties of cheeses in the crust.
Shape it into a pizza crust - bake in preheated oven 450 ° F.
Top it with desired sauce ñ toppings.

Note~ using white cheeses are better and drop some shredded cooked chicken on it with little red crushed pepper flakes and whatever else U might want.
A mistake is sometimes a great creation
bludawg USER_AVATAR
BluDawg
Chuck Wagon

Postby BluDawg » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:56 pm

poached boneless skinless chicken breast with hot water sauce :P
Never met a cow I didn't like with a little salt and pepper.
My Blog: Http://acountryboyeats.blogspot.com
Old Country Over/Under
Webber 22" Performer
ECB
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:41 am

:laughing7: :D :lol: :whiteflag: :tdown:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
Mells
Pilgrim

Postby Mells » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:45 am

Thanks for all the recipes guys! Loved all of it. :D

Return to “Request a Recipe”