This Little Piggie ???

Looking for something special but dont see it? Post your request here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

This Little Piggie ???

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:30 pm

My Son is hoping to bag a feral hog next week and if he does he wants to put it in his side box smoker Wed and cook it for T-day. If he does, he needs some ideas on how to cook it :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: Wood :?: Basting :?: Inject :?: ETC :?:

Any and ALL ideas will be greatly appreciated. :salut:

Seems like I've seen a thread on this but I could not find it. :dont:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bobbergone USER_AVATAR
bobbergone
Wrangler

This Little Piggie ???

Postby bobbergone » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:05 am

I have cooked many a wild hog. This is what I do. Cleanliness is essential. Once dressed and skinned out give it a liberal bath in half white vinegar and half water. This will sanitize the meat, killing the bad bacteria's that ruin the meat. Cool out completely and let hang 4-5 days. Bone in hams, boneless ribs(blackstrap)' and grind the rest. Marinate hams overnight then smoke them. Do pulled pork and Mr. Stubbs BBQ sauce. Image
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: This Little Piggie ???

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:49 am

thanks, Bobber, he's thinking about doing the Whole Pig if it's a young one - - - :?: would that be a mistake :?: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bobbergone USER_AVATAR
bobbergone
Wrangler

This Little Piggie ???

Postby bobbergone » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:23 am

That would not be a mistake. Slow and long to get good internal temps with out burning the outside. They are very lean and could dry out more than desired. You may want to experiment with injections of a moist basting. Hope this helps.

Return to “Request a Recipe”