Need Spatchcock Chicken Recipe

Looking for something special but dont see it? Post your request here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Need Spatchcock Chicken Recipe

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:18 pm

OK, so far my plan is to Brine, rub with Hoochie Mama, grill indirectly on the Kettle (for more smoke flavor and faster cook time) and finish with either SB Chipotle or Sweet Baby Rays - - - :scratch: of course knowing that may chance over night :laughing7: :lol: :D thanks, Gents, :salut: and Y'all have a great weekend :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
okie sawbones USER_AVATAR
Okie Sawbones
Outlaw

Postby Okie Sawbones » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:43 pm

Be sure to chill your chicken well.

KCBS - CBJ
PNWBA - CBJ
Jambo Clone, Primo Oval XL, Blaz'n Grills Pellet Stove, Weber 22.5", Lynx SS Grill, The Big Easy
VFW - Life, DAV - Life
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:41 pm

:laughing7: :D :lol: :laughing7: :D :lol: :tup: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bondobill
Outlaw

Postby bondobill » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:52 pm

Yea..
SBs Chipotle :chef: :cheers: Good choice there my friend :salut:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:25 pm

Well so much for any decent pics - - - first thing I did while removing the back bone was to slice thru the thigh bone so now it's kinda flopping in the wind. The bird I bought was too big at almost 6# so we'll see how many more Booboos I make before getting it eatable tomorrow. This cook may end up in the Funny Cowboys Section
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:08 pm

Well I got in touch with 'ol Red Green and I think we're gonna be able to pull this off :D :lol: :laughing7:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:55 pm

I must admit that the ability, or lack of, my old hands had me concerned some what when taking that backbone out the other day. So I picked up a pair of kitchen shears today and hopefully they will take the potential 911 call out of the recipe. :D :lol: :laughing7: I also think that it being a 5.8# bird made it a little more unhandy and clumsy to handle. :dont: so, if I do this again, it will be on a much smaller clucker and on the Pellet Grill as well. think I'll also use something to press it at first as Oakie mentioned and as Egg did so successfully. :tup:
IMG_0001.JPG

Return to “Request a Recipe”