For Wooden Visions

Looking for something special but dont see it? Post your request here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

For Wooden Visions

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:28 pm

My Photobucket is taking a vacation for some reason and I need to show W V what I bought to do a Puffcorn recipe he gave me. So forgive me for using this way. It's all I had available and I need to get this done no later that Saturday morning.

W V, the white chocolate bars are 4.4 oz each
One bag has 6 one ounce packages with aged white cheddar
The other is a 7 oz bag with buttered toffee

This is ALL I could find at HEB and would like to use at least some of it to make a small bowl for Saturday when the wiffy's bunch comes down.

Any and all suggestions will be appreciated :tup: :salut:
IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: For Wooden Visions

Postby woodenvisions » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:05 am

Ur gonna get a funny taste I'm sure if u use those puffs.
I would see if some of the members on here know where you can find the bag pictured here. As for the chocolate bars, idk if they will work.
I had to use morsels because the bars didn't melt right.

Wish u luck buddy hope someone here can hook you up with the right puff corn.
20161229_042835.jpg
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:04 am

thanks, Pal, with all that's been happening this week, I may just fly with the buttered toffee and when the guests complain I'll blame it on you :laughing7: :D :lol:

JK, I 'preciate it very much :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
castironchris USER_AVATAR
castironchris
Bandolero

Postby castironchris » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:00 pm

Typically I see more of the Puffcorn at gas station convenient stores than I do at HEB. Have to buy that brand for my daughter so she doesn't get kernels in her braces.
Weber 22" with SlownSear
Weber Smokey Mountain 22"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:04 pm

Pretty normal for me BUT believe it or not, I found it at Brookshire Bros in Montgomery while making my "LAST" - - and I mean LAST shop stop for the week The only reason I had gone there was to pick up the Wiffy's Prescriptions before the Holiday Weekend and while waiting on the Prescription I casually thought "oh well, might as well take a quick look" and there they were Woo Hoo. :cheers:
IMG_0005.JPG
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: For Wooden Visions

Postby woodenvisions » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:59 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Pretty normal for me BUT believe it or not, I found it at Brookshire Bros in Montgomery while making my "LAST" - - and I mean LAST shop stop for the week The only reason I had gone there was to pick up the Wiffy's Prescriptions before the Holiday Weekend and while waiting on the Prescription I casually thought "oh well, might as well take a quick look" and there they were Woo Hoo. :cheers:
IMG_0005.JPG

SSSSSSSSHHHHWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!.....
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:58 am

OK, I feel that I need to do a small follow up on this post. What it was all about was that I needed help in making this "ADDICTING" White Chocolate Puffcorn Recipe that I had only eaten two large cups of and had to have more. The recipe is too simple even for me and I approached it this morning like I was milking a 6' Diamondback. Thanks to W V I did git'er done and it is in the frig setting up while I type SEE PIC.

I doubled the recipe since the wiffy's bunch is coming up tomorrow and I'd like to send some home with them.

Ingredients:
Two 3.5oz bags of Chester's buttered Puffcorn SEE ABOVE PICS IN POST
Two 4.4oz bars of Lindt White Chocolate (if you use another brand be sure it contains cocoa butter which is important in order to melt it to a drizzle stage.) W V uses morsels instead of bars which I would have done but couldn't find :tup:

Directions:
take two VERY LARGE bowl and empty a bog of puffcorn into each

break two bars into small pieces and place in a LARGE measuring cup

(the reason for LARGE is that it must be stirred and TRUST ME you need the room or you'll be picking it off the cabinet as I did before I snapped)

place the broken up white chocolate bars in the micro-wave and set the power to 50%
mico-wave at 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until completely melted and at the drizzly stage

then drizzle half into one bowl of puffcorn and half into the other STIRRING CONSTANTLY

AFTER thoroughly coated, spread onto two cookie sheets and place in frig to harden (or the puffcorn will get mushy)

Enjoy Y'all,
IMG_0006.JPG
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:34 pm

So just exactly what is your action plan should you develop the need for one of those cold adult beverages holding up the pans? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:57 pm

A Bev got pardoned SEE PIC.
However, if you'll look at the top of the frig pic, you will see my alternate plan.

I estimate about two gallon zippies total product :tup: Trick is to leave them alone until the Step-sons get here tomorrow :roll:
IMG_0007.JPG
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:38 pm

Lookin good buddy !
U gotta try the chocolate next, it's just as addicting.....
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:57 pm

woodenvisions wrote:Lookin good buddy !

hush yo mouff, Yank - - - I've already got too many New Years Resolutions to ?keep? :whiteflag: :laughing7:
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:22 am

OldUsedParts wrote:[quote="woodenvisions"]Lookin good buddy !

hush yo mouff, Yank - - - I've already got too many New Years Resolutions to ?keep? :whiteflag: :laughing7:[/quote]
Do I need to post a pic to motivate you ??
Lol
castironchris USER_AVATAR
castironchris
Bandolero

Postby castironchris » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:47 am

Go ahead WV...I'd like to see it!!
Weber 22" with SlownSear
Weber Smokey Mountain 22"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:26 am

the wiffy decided she like this white choc puffcorn after all - - - sure am glad a made two batches :whiteflag: :laughing7:
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:41 pm

castironchris wrote:Go ahead WV...I'd like to see it!!

20161231_130244.jpg

Return to “Request a Recipe”