advice regarding new gas grill purchase

Looking for something special but dont see it? Post your request here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

karencasi
Pilgrim

advice regarding new gas grill purchase

Postby karencasi » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:55 pm

I am looking to purchase a new gas grill for my husband. We have had the largest, top of the line Weber Summit. It was disappointing as the ignitions quit working, the heat was unreliable from the start, and the bottom rusted out even though it was covered when not in use. I am looking for performance, reliability, and quality. Is the jump up to something like Fire Magic or Lynx worth the big difference in price? If so, which of the multitude of brands should I consider as there is a lot? If not, I know Napolean's Prestige Pro 665 just received top marks from Consumer Reports for large grills over Weber. I would really love input as this is a big purchase that we will live with for years. Thank you!
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Re: advice regarding new gas grill purchase

Postby GRailsback » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:20 am

I have a RCS brand that is a built in model in my outdoor kitchen. I have cooked an enormous amount of meat on it over the years. It was installed in the kitchen in 07. But I will also mention that is is starting to show its age and could possibly need to be replaced in the next year or 2. But I have got a good 9 1/2 years of solid use out of it. If I do replace it I will give serious consideration to Fire Magic. When I had the kitchen built I also had a Fire Magic burner built into the counter. Although it has not had near the amount of use that the grill has had, it has held up very well, and will be good for many more years to come.

Not sure where you live, but all my equipment was purchased at a place called Cunningham Living in Houston. They have a showroom floor that offer several brands that you can go in and look at. I know the price tag on those types of gas grills are steep. It just depends on what you want and how long it will last.

Here is a link to the website.

https://www.cunninghamliving.com

download/file.php?mode=view&id=12335

Greg R.
Attachments
burner 1.jpg

Return to “Request a Recipe”