Help oup, cornbread

Looking for something special but dont see it? Post your request here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Help oup, cornbread

Postby Russ » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:51 pm

Can't find the thread we discussed your cornbread, you tell me you buy it and just make it. I want to try this soon. Do you think this recipe would be close to your stuff. I'm not using blue cheese btw.

http://www.bite.co.nz/kitchen-tips/ask- ... ad-recipe/

Any help appreciated, I asked at local supermarket if they had corn bread or the mix itself, she just screwed her face up and said can't imagine that, maybe look in gluten free section, gave up,lol

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Re: Help oup, cornbread

Postby outlaw » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:40 am

Russ, I'm not trying to horn in on you and OUP's conversation, but, (and please excuse my ignorance) don't y'all have access to Amazon there? Or something similar? All you need is this, an egg, a little milk and you are set. You can always add jalapenos, fresh corn, green onion whatever you want while mixing. And yes, I always butter fresh cornbread right out of the oven. Hope this helps.

https://www.amazon.com/Gladiola-Martha- ... nbread+mix
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:35 am

Sorry Guys, my Sciatica flared up last ennin and I was forced to nightie night early and long GRRRR

Pard, everything Outlaw mentioned is what I would have said but not quite as eloquently :bow:

Iffin you'd like me to send you some Martha White Mix like I am hooked on then just holler and she''ll be on her way. :dont:
IMG_0020.JPG

Pard, please note that pre-heating the seasoned skillet in the oven before pouring the batter in is very important. It gives you that "instant" crust and when done will slide right out on the plate.
IMG_0021.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:14 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Sorry Guys, my Sciatica flared up last ennin and I was forced to nightie night early and long GRRRR

Pard, everything Outlaw mentioned is what I would have said but not quite as eloquently :bow:

Iffin you'd like me to send you some Martha White Mix like I am hooked on then just holler and she''ll be on her way. :dont:
IMG_0020.JPG

Pard, please note that pre-heating the seasoned skillet in the oven before pouring the batter in is very important. It gives you that "instant" crust and when done will slide right out on the plate.
IMG_0021.JPG

Eloquently?? Really? I guess I live in a bubble. It never occured to me people would not know about cornbread. When I was in the Navy I traveled all over the Pacific coast and was exposed to lots of different cuisines. As gracious as you are OUP, you may have already done this before, but if not you may want to check into international shipping. A company like Amazon can do it much cheaper than an individual.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:36 pm

thanks for the tip, Sir, :salut: even tho I know it, I somehow don't think about it until I've bought, wrapped and mailed the package :banghead: :banghead: :x
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:49 pm

outlaw wrote:Russ, I'm not trying to horn in on you and OUP's conversation, but, (and please excuse my ignorance) don't y'all have access to Amazon there? Or something similar? All you need is this, an egg, a little milk and you are set. You can always add jalapenos, fresh corn, green onion whatever you want while mixing. And yes, I always butter fresh cornbread right out of the oven. Hope this helps.

https://www.amazon.com/Gladiola-Martha- ... nbread+mix

Thanks for the link, I don't buy off the net, the freight would kill it from the states. BUT my wife says Amazon is coming to Australia, so I will try that my wife buys all sorts on the net, I use a product for cosmetic purposes, a smal tube costs $15 nz, my wife found it also on the net in Australia, tubes were more than twice the size and 3 cost me $20 inc shipping. Unbelievably cheap.
Thanks for taking time to help, appreciated.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:54 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Sorry Guys, my Sciatica flared up last ennin and I was forced to nightie night early and long GRRRR

IMG_0020.JPG

IMG_0021.JPG

Thanks emm, as mentioned earlier, Amazon is coming soon. The wife will organise it. I thought you may have had a recipe from your grandmother or somebody else. I'm not good on the net, but the wife can find anything, and keeps searching until she gets the bottom dollar. Thanks for the offer though. Appreciated. I will report back.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

JustinCouch
Outlaw

Postby JustinCouch » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:51 am

Russ. two to one cornmeal to flower, one egg, a good dollop of mayonnaise, enough buttermilk to make a consistency of pancake batter, and a little salt. put a dash of oil in the skillet and put it in the oven at about 400 degrees. heat the pan and pour batter in. It must make a sizzle or your pan is not hot enough. bake till golden brown. cant go wrong. I forgot to say make sure that is self rising cornmeal.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:16 pm

Thanks for sharing that Recipe, Juice-Tone :tup: :salut: :cheers:

NOW LET'S TALK MIX LOGISTICS - - - even Amazon is way too much for the basic Mix - NOT EVEN including the shipping. :scratch: :whiteflag:

HOWEVER, being the hard-headed connie-sewer of Martha White Mixes that I am, there are NOW 4 Martha White Yeller Cornbread Mixes headed Waaaaayyyyy South and across the Equator to Pard's Pad. Two are the Sweet like I use and Two are just plain Yeller - - - this way he can have the BEST OF BOTH MIXES.

SO PARD, please allow me and the Famous Little Lady too just say - - - -
ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY

MarthaWhite.gif
MarthaWhite.gif (28.85 KiB) Viewed 4625 times
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:10 pm

:wav: :fiestanana: :fiestanana:
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:46 pm

You are naughty emm, but I'm sure you've been told that a few times,lol. I will pm you closer to the cook, much appreciated.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:55 pm

hey Pard better to be naughty than hungry - - - just a drop of appreciation for all that you do and "send" to all of us at times - - - - I may do a pic-tutorial on a pkg that needs doing (exp date yanno) so you'll know how Iz does it :dont: I was kinda in a hurry so the packaging was a finger cross :salut:
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:11 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:hey Pard better to be naughty than hungry - - - just a drop of appreciation for all that you do and "send" to all of us at times - - - - I may do a pic-tutorial on a pkg that needs doing (exp date yanno) so you'll know how Iz does it :dont: I was kinda in a hurry so the packaging was a finger cross :salut:

Any help appreciated fo sur,lol. Can't wait to try it. See what all the fuss is about,lmao. :chef: :chef: :deadhorse:

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:19 pm

Pard, smeared with butter, I can eat it like cake - also good for sopping up pot liquor of all kinds. :tup:
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:27 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Pard, smeared with butter, I can eat it like cake - also good for sopping up pot liquor of all kinds. :tup:

Butter is my friend, all my grandkids have their tatters covered in butter as well, my daughter in law has given up trying to stop them having butter. I prolly get through about 2 lb a week , I use in sauces etc, I'm using about 1/3 lb just to make chicken croquettes tonight.
Can't and won't use margarine, too many additives for me, wife's come around to butter as well. You don't want to see how thick butter is on my sammiches??

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

Return to “Request a Recipe”