Yo Russ Need Recipe Again

Looking for something special but dont see it? Post your request here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Yo Russ Need Recipe Again

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:36 am

Hey Pard, I browsed the Forum, I used the Search Injun but my CRS was so dominant that I could not find your Twice Fried Fries Recipe - - - - so please help an old man and gimme one mo once OK?
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
captjack USER_AVATAR
CaptJack
Outlaw

Re: Yo Russ Need Recipe Again

Postby CaptJack » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:41 am

22"OldSmokey • 2-burner gasser with GrillGrates
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:25 pm

:tup: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:19 pm

Watched the vid, you guys use russets I believe, peel and chip. The important thing is soak in clean water , then dry. I fry at 170 both times. I leave for about 20 to 30 mins before I refry, it lets the chip rest and go almost limp. Then refry. Best ever. I only ever do it that way now.
Good luck

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:44 pm

thanks Pard, one thing I know is that when I did them Russ Style we liked'em a bunch :tup: :salut:
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:25 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:thanks Pard, one thing I know is that when I did them Russ Style we liked'em a bunch :tup: :salut:

Lol, you got me thinking as I typed, we had twice fried chips last night with sausages and fried eggs. Was good.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:17 pm

Bringing this one back with a question.

Pard, I sliced and soaked my taters, then dried them, then fried at 330F until they began to start browning, then I put them on paper towels to cool and they were limp, then I fried them again at the same temp and altho they were brown, they were "LIMP" ? Wha'sup with this :?:
IMG_0005.JPG
bondobill
Outlaw

Postby bondobill » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:52 pm

Ive had that before Em. I think I cooked them too long the first time. :dont:

Bill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:51 pm

thanks, Wild Bill - - - they tasted good but were like eating tater worms :laughing7: :D :lol:
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:44 am

I only twice fry my FF and truly believe it is up to the moisture content of the potato. There is a chain of burger places called 5 Guys that uses a different sourced potato everyday and I have asked them about their experience since their FF are never that crisp. I was told there was no way they could consistently do crisp fries so they quit even trying. They said time, temp, and moisture content was so different with each batch. If you notice, you can get crisp fries every time with processed FF like Ore Idas or even from places like McDonalds because all theirs are always the same. Just my .02 :dont: :dont: :dont:
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:58 am

thanks, that's probably the factor and I did use a White Tater yesterday - - the one with the thin peeling - - I doubt that I'll be doing them again this year ;) BUT I think I'll use a big IdieHo next time and see what happens :tup: :salut:
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:37 pm

I think your russet is equivalent to our tatters. I use agria. Great roasting or chips. I'm bush with family til next week, all family are at a working beef and sheep farm. Grandys are loving shifting sheep etc, and learning about life with no wifi or TVs. Only get reception when in motueka for supplies.
Happy new year everyone.

Russ and shirl.
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:19 pm

Rat backatcha, Pard, holler when you can :tup: :salut:

Return to “Request a Recipe”