My wife uses Velveeta and Rotel the common queso dip.http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/fam ... 51301.aspx
But she modifies it by cubing up sharp cheddar and mixing it in with some milk to get the proper consistency.
OR you can make you own Valveeta and use the cheese you like.HOMEMADE VELVEETA CHEESE
YIELD:about 22 ounces
Make your own Velveeta cheese at home in less than 10 minutes!
• ¼-ounce packet unflavored gelatin
• 6 tablespoons dry milk powder
• 1 cup boiling water
• 16 ounces mild cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Line a small loaf pan with plastic wrap, covering all sides and leaving excess to hang over the sides.
2. Place the unflavored gelatin and dry milk powder in a blender or food processor (I used my blender). Pour the boiling water over top and immediately pulse to combine. Add the cheddar cheese and puree the mixture until smooth.
3. Immediately pour and scrape the cheese mixture into the prepared loaf pan, smoothing it into an even layer with a spatula. Fold the excess plastic wrap over the cheese, pressing it against the surface of the cheese, ensuring that it is completely covered. Refrigerate for at least 12 hours, until set. The cheese will keep in the refrigerator, tightly wrapped in plastic wrap, for up to 1 month.