Need Rumpy Recipe

Looking for something special but dont see it? Post your request here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Re: Need Rumpy Recipe

Postby Williep » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:00 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:After all of these great suggestions, I think I've decided to put it on the ECB like I was gonna do a chuckie or tri-tip cook EXCEPT with charcoal on bottom of pit and meat at the very top. Then after I get some smoke and maybe some bark on it, I'm gonna put it in the Crock Pot with chopped own-yawns, peppers, beer, beef broth and finish it. Then I'll take it out, pull it and put it back in with some Suckle Busters Hot and Spicy Sauce for an hour or so. Never done this before so it should be a challenge fo sho. :dont: Thanks to everyone for the valued suggestions :tup: :salut:

I bet how ever you do it it's going to be good. :chef: :chef:

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:01 am

Well, I finally gotz time to try and finish or at least semi-finish the Rump Roast/Pulled BBQ Beef Project.
Had the Rumpy soaking in a Beer, Brown Sugar, SPG and ETC marinade overnight and now it's been dusted with Suckle Busters 1836 Rub and is over the charcoal accompanied by some Hebert's Specialty Meats Pure Pork Sausage Links. Soaked some Hickory Chips and chunked them in at the start and man did I get the smoke - - - might be a couple of days before I finish it in the Crock Pot but ya gotta do what ya gotta do when ya can yanno? The Sausage will do good to survive the day. :P :pig:

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:12 am

You might know that I'd "finally" get some grill marks the time I wanted Bark instead :D :lol: :laughing7:
This was a mid-cook flip because I don't want to cook the Rumpy just smoke and bark/mark it for the Crock Pot. :dont:
IMG_0008.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:47 am

OK, got good use out of the pan of Kingsford and I'm happy with the outside of the Rumpy and it's ready for the Crockie - - - the Sausage, however, won't be here long, especially if the Wiffy wakes up and sees them. OH, I thought I'd show Y'all my BBQ table since Wild Bill was sportin his new one. :roll: :shock: :(
IMG_0010.JPG
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:45 pm

Can’t wait to see what you think about the finish in the crock pot. I’ve thought about doing that with the pulled chuck for tacos.

I gotta give it to you on the BBQ table. Yours really is a step up from the rest :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Request a Recipe”