Sweet potato pie

Looking for something special but dont see it? Post your request here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Griff4570
Pilgrim

Sweet potato pie

Postby Griff4570 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:47 am

30 plus years ago my wife made a sweet potato pie that had a crunchy top. This was the first time se was cooking the thanksgiving meal for my large family. She was so nervous she lost the recipe. All she remembers is that it used eagle brand milk. It was her grandmother's recipe. Granny is gone and the recipe went with her. The wife and her family are from Mesquite so we thought this forum might the place to find it. Thanks in advance.
slownative USER_AVATAR
SlowNative
Wrangler

Re: Sweet potato pie

Postby SlowNative » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:34 pm

I love sweet potatoes but have never had it with condensed milk! Whewee, I bet it was incredible.
:texas: Slow Native :texas:
:x OLD SMOKEY GANG :x
Old Smokey 14 : Cookshack Smokette Elite SM025 Electric Smoker : MembersMark barrel
MatthewBriggs
Pilgrim

Re: Sweet potato pie

Postby MatthewBriggs » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:03 am

Griff4570 wrote:30 plus years ago my wife made a sweet potato pie that had a crunchy top. This was the first time se was cooking the thanksgiving meal for my large family. She was so nervous she lost the recipe. All she remembers is that it used eagle brand milk. It was her grandmother's recipe. Granny is gone and the recipe went with her. The wife and her family are from Mesquite so we thought this forum might the place to find it. Thanks in advance.

I am so late over here to reply but it's ok.
Did you make that? or still looking for the recipe.
I know all the grandmothers have a unique recipe for every food item.

Return to “Request a Recipe”