baked apple with snickers

Looking for something special but dont see it? Post your request here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

baked apple with snickers

Postby DATsBBQ » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:30 pm

Have a guest coming over for dinner tomorrow who has a sweet tooth. Planning on some pulled pork and/or pulled chuck sammies with busted pintos.

Saw more than a few recipes for apples stuffed with Snicker's bars and then smoked.... but sealed in foil. Anyone done these in a foil tray with apple exposed so as to get some smoke flavor?
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
jamesb USER_AVATAR
JamesB
Retired Lawman

Postby JamesB » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:36 pm

I've done them in the foil, but not without... now that you bring it up, it's been years since I've made them!

Go ahead and use your pan idea. Don't see why it wouldn't work.

As always, pics will be expected!

Good Luck!

James.
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:03 pm

Decided to do 'em in foil in a slow oven [240*] as the Mrs wasn't sold on the idea of smokie sweets. Got a pound of PP and 3/4 pound of pulled chuck reheating in simmering water [foodsaver bags] and a crock of pintos. Pintos maybe a tad to hot for the Mrs, but can't do much about that now :P
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
Allie

Postby Allie » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:09 am

Wow, I'd never heard of this. I bet they're really good. I'm gonna have to remember to buy some apples and snickers to try this idea!

Return to “Request a Recipe”