Vietnamiese red sauce recipe ??

Looking for something special but dont see it? Post your request here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

brandon schick USER_AVATAR
Brandon Schick
Rustler

Vietnamiese red sauce recipe ??

Postby Brandon Schick » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:00 pm

This is problly a long shot but anybody got a recipe for that red hot sauce stuff that they have at Vienamiese resturaunts ?? I can eat that stuff with just about anything. Just had it on ribs and pulled pork tonight !!
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:38 pm

Best bet is to go buy some. Look in the Chinese section at Wally World. Its called Sariachi sauce and. It comes in a clear squirt bottle with a pic of a chicken on it. Couldn't live without it. Kroger got too but its a lot higher. Might check over in Little Saigon if you ever get over to Haltom City. Betcha a buck they got it cheaper than Wally World.

bigwheel
brandon schick USER_AVATAR
Brandon Schick
Rustler

Postby Brandon Schick » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:51 pm

Yeah I have that sauce and it is good, but I am looking for a recipe for the stuff that is on the table in teh little jars. It tast alot like the Rooster sauce but has differesnt stuff in it.

Thanks
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:12 am

Does it look oily and have big hunks of crushed red peppas in it? If so I had some yesterday with my flied lice at the chinese place. Let me know.

bigwheel
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Re: Vietnamiese red sauce recipe ??

Postby DATsBBQ » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:15 am

Brandon Schick wrote:This is problly a long shot but anybody got a recipe for that red hot sauce stuff that they have at Vienamiese resturaunts ?? I can eat that stuff with just about anything. Just had it on ribs and pulled pork tonight !!

I posted this here just shy of 2 years ago:
Got the recipe off another board, started it two weeks ago and finished it today.

Took a small pickle jar, filled it halfway with chopped garlic (Christopher brand from Costco but the recepe calls for whole cloves). Filled it up the rest of the way with dried red peppers from the Indian Mart (stems removed), a couple of Habernaros from the left coast garden of my sis, 1 tsp of kosher salt, and some black peppercorns. Filled with white distilled vinegar. Added vinegar the first couple days as the peppers absorbed some of vinegar. Let it sit for 2 weeks on the counter. Note, recipe only said one week.

The end result is a strong garlic flavored sauce with a fair degree of heat.

Should add that after 2 weeks, to toss the whole thing into the blender and puree.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
mgwerks USER_AVATAR
mgwerks
Bandolero

Re: Vietnamiese red sauce recipe ??

Postby mgwerks » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:12 am

DATsBBQ wrote:
Brandon Schick wrote:This is problly a long shot but anybody got a recipe for that red hot sauce stuff that they have at Vienamiese resturaunts ?? I can eat that stuff with just about anything. Just had it on ribs and pulled pork tonight !!

I posted this here just shy of 2 years ago:
Got the recipe off another board, started it two weeks ago and finished it today.

Took a small pickle jar, filled it halfway with chopped garlic (Christopher brand from Costco but the recepe calls for whole cloves). Filled it up the rest of the way with dried red peppers from the Indian Mart (stems removed), a couple of Habernaros from the left coast garden of my sis, 1 tsp of kosher salt, and some black peppercorns. Filled with white distilled vinegar. Added vinegar the first couple days as the peppers absorbed some of vinegar. Let it sit for 2 weeks on the counter. Note, recipe only said one week.

The end result is a strong garlic flavored sauce with a fair degree of heat.

Should add that after 2 weeks, to toss the whole thing into the blender and puree.

I likes me some red sauce too - Tuong ot Sriracha is the 'Rooster' brand name.

But I really like this recipe! Gonna put some together today!
Visit my Cooking Blog.

The Armada:
22.5" WSM
MES 30" shorty
42"x24" & 36"x16" stick burners
1966 CharBroil charcoal grill
Weber 18 1/2" Silver
Sam's 32-inch Stainless gas grill (it was free!)

Return to “Request a Recipe”