Chili Testimonial

Texas Style BBQ Seasonings, Sauces and Such.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

OldUsedParts
Deputy

Chili Testimonial

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:08 pm

Not long ago I gave my Son, David, a Suckle Buster's Champion Chili Kit Mix and he finally got around to using it today. NOW PLEASE understand that he's my Son so the Chili (soup) may have certain things in it that OTHERS would choose not to use. However, IT WAS HIS CHILI :salut:
OH, the Chili pic was taken after he and his son "pigged out" - thus the small leftovers which he's taking to work in the morning. :tup:

Here is the email and pics he just sent me:
Okay, I cooked the suckle chili and it is the best I've ever had. I didn't have beef broth so I used low sodium chicken and I added 1 small can of tomato sauce and one can of rotel tomatoes. I also seasoned the meat with hoochie mama. I mixed flour and hot water to thicken it up at end of cook...Wow! Taking cornbread with corn and jalapeno peppers out in 5 min. What a dinner!
DavidChili.jpg

DavidCornB.jpg
OUP

" Country by choice, Texan by the Grace of God "
bsooner75
Chuck Wagon

Re: Chili Testimonial

Postby bsooner75 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:14 pm

Nice looking meal…got any pics of the chili? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Russ
Outlaw

Postby Russ » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:17 pm

Oup, can you tell me how you make your cornbread please. I could giggle it but prefer first hand advice. Ya son must be a chip off .......you know what.lol

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:21 pm

Pard, he and I both use the pre-packaged Mix. He uses a HEB brand and I use Martha White's Sweet Yeller Cornbread mix. Today he said he got creative and added chopped jalapenos, sweet corn and chopped own-yawn to the mix. To me one of the most important things in Cornbread Baking is having and "KEEPING" a well seasoned cast iron skillet - - - that is the only thing that skillet of mine gets used for PERIOD. Want me to send you some Martha White :?: Cornbread Mix I mean :laughing7:
OUP

OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:22 pm

bsooner75 wrote:got any pics of the chili? :)

:P :laughing7:
OUP

Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:57 pm

Thanks OUP! :cheers:

Chili has a lot to do with the cook too! :)
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
Russ
Outlaw

Postby Russ » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:04 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Pard, he and I both use the pre-packaged Mix. He uses a HEB brand and I use Martha White's Sweet Yeller Cornbread mix. Today he said he got creative and added chopped jalapenos, sweet corn and chopped own-yawn to the mix. To me one of the most important things in Cornbread Baking is having and "KEEPING" a well seasoned cast iron skillet - - - that is the only thing that skillet of mine gets used for PERIOD. Want me to send you some Martha White :?: Cornbread Mix I mean :laughing7:

Lol, I thought you might have an old family recipe, I will look in supermarket this arvo, see what they got there. They have a good international section there. Do you serve it with butter?

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:26 am

YES and lotz of it - - - Pard, you can add peppers, own-yawns, corn to the mix and it almost becomes a main course or dessert - - - sometimes, if I'm adding ingredients like that, I make cornbread muffins and use those paper muffin cups in a muffin pan. No matter what IT'S ALL GOOD :salut:
OUP

Return to “SuckleBusters - The Forum Sponsor”