Opinions on the new SuckleBusters BBQ Sauce labels

Texas Style BBQ Seasonings, Sauces and Such.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Which label design do you like best?

Poll ended at Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:15 pm

Fade
18%
Checkered
6%
Yellow
71%
White
6%

Total votes: 17
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:20 am

I appreciate everyones comments. All very helpful. 8)

A couple of thoughts -

- These labels look very different on the bottle compared to how they look on the computer screen. I think its the dark red background from the sauce that imparts a slightly diffrent look.

- The fade version (was my personal favorite) the faded squares turns out somewhat pinkish looking on the bottle..i dunno. it just does. Pink, go figure. Anyway it also imparts a somewhat mechinacal or racecar feeling in me, that is a VERY subjective thought, but never-the-less it feels more...uh..mechinical, new style? than the others.

- The checkered patterens on mutil lables is supposed to represent a tablecloth and bring home those BBQ Cookout feelings. I like the concept. I think this came out of a post the other day when someone was asking us to describe Texas - great post - THANKS Stan41 for the original idea, it stuck in my head and just popped out while we were working through the label design process. Maybe Stan41 should get a free bottle or two when we make the first run. Ping me your address Stan. :wink:

- The full checkered pattern was a great thought but a bit too overwhelming and couldnt see the SB logo.

- The white top checkered bottom was a good one but needed just another splash of color.

- Somehow the original yellow/blue/red checkered seemed too busy to me. The checkered look was lost with the blue and the wavy thing. Anyway it ws a good stepping stone and the overall basic design was solid.

- A couple of folks mentioned (and TXNGent called, thx Randy) to say they like the fact that my yellow topped labels are similar - makes it easy to find my products. I really like this feedback, I too can identify with this idea. The yellow top with SuckleBusters Logo has been a good design, so I want to stick with that for now. 8)

OK, Ive rambled on enough, I appreciate the feedback and thought I would share with you what goes on in a crazy persons mind when I go through the design process. FYI, I was in no way (in my mind) going with yellow when I first posted those yesterday. You folks helped change that. :wink:

The revised Yellow top checkered bottom wins! :D
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
dj USER_AVATAR
DJ
Chuck Wagon

Postby DJ » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:18 pm

me too.............dj

bowhnter wrote:I do think it should be yellow to stay consistant, and I do like the combo you just came up with !
http://djstexasstylebbq.com
Caldwell, Texas Native
honu41
Outlaw

Postby honu41 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:13 pm

Gator... all look good but the yellow seems to be easier on this old man eyes... :lol:

By the way did you get the invoice sent? Been couple of days so I was wondering if you got my address correct. Send me a PM if necessary.

a hui hou,
honu41
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:51 am

ok, now you've picked a winning label, when can I buy some?!?!
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:57 am

honu41 wrote:Gator... all look good but the yellow seems to be easier on this old man eyes... :lol:

By the way did you get the invoice sent? Been couple of days so I was wondering if you got my address correct. Send me a PM if necessary.

a hui hou,

Gottcha Joe - good luck on the cookout today. :wink:

I expect the suace will be ready sometime in July.... 8)

Working through final production and label printing...I just lowered the salt content again, we are down to 5% per serving which is much lower than the average store bought BBQ sauce, some run at higher than 15% per serving (2 tablespoons) which dosnt take much to overdo it. :shock:
Gator

honu41
Outlaw

Postby honu41 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:57 am

Hey Mo`o nui (Gator in Hawaiian),

July date is perfect! :) Been looking for a sauce, my trials with recipes of sauces has not been good. :roll: Right now been using "chili pepper water" and a touch of soy sauce! :)

I like your lowering of the salt content because of my hypertension. Got my family re-union at my home in mid-August.

Weather be in the 70's for my cookout. mahalo

a hui hou,

honu41
honu41
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:39 pm

honu41 wrote:I like your lowering of the salt content because of my hypertension.

I agree! That caught me eyeballs too.
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:50 pm

Stan41 - Im still good for that bottle of BBQ Sauce and its ready. I need your mailing address, PM it to me. Thanks.
Gator

3 star redneck USER_AVATAR
3 star redneck
Chuck Wagon

Postby 3 star redneck » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:25 am

Gator, I like the one that sells the most sauce!! :lol: :wink:
R&O Custom Offset....It rocks!!!!
http://www.redneckcooker.com

Hook Em' Horns
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator