Chili made with Pork

Anything, everything and all things chili. Cowboys like chili!

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

kook & meer USER_AVATAR
Kook & Meer
Pilgrim

Chili made with Pork

Postby Kook & Meer » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:49 pm

This was my first chilli con carne made on my Big Green Egg. I do not know whether it is against the rules but I made the chile from pork shoulder. I prepared the shoulder as Pulled Pork. It was really delicious. Greetings from a Dutch BBQ fan

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Re: Chili made with Pork

Postby bsooner75 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:42 pm

Welcome! That looks outstanding!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Twitter handle @bsooner75
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:56 pm

Another good cook from our friend across the Waters - - - IMHO Chili has NO BOUNDARIES - - - I have even made it out of three kinds of meat and two kinds of beans - - - if you like it then it's a winner :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
kook & meer USER_AVATAR
Kook & Meer
Pilgrim

Postby Kook & Meer » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:16 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Another good cook from our friend across the Waters - - - IMHO Chili has NO BOUNDARIES - - - I have even made it out of three kinds of meat and two kinds of beans - - - if you like it then it's a winner :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Thanks that means a lot to me. Nice compliments from the country where BBQ is a way of life.

woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:30 pm

You cook with Cast Iron and charcoal......

Ur alright in my book :)
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:21 pm

On the lighter side, there is a real funny story that a member here posted about Judging a Texas Chili Cook Off Contest and I hope they see this and share it with you. It is hilarious and yet so typical of how different people think their Chili should be. Some like it :angryfire: Some like it :whiteflag: and Some like it :censor:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
chilefarmer USER_AVATAR
ChileFarmer
Forum Star

Postby ChileFarmer » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:57 pm

Looks like some good eats to me. I like it.
Chili, can and has been made from all kinds of meat. I did make some chili from pork liver. I thought it was pretty good, everybody else did to until they found out it was liver. CF :D
OK, get over it, you lost. God bless America

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee175/ChileFarmer" target="_blank
Lots of Sub folders to.

http://curingandsmoking.blogspot.com/" target="_blank
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:17 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:On the lighter side, there is a real funny story that a member here posted about Judging a Texas Chili Cook Off Contest and I hope they see this and share it with you. It is hilarious and yet so typical of how different people think their Chili should be.

I found it and put it below. This was originally posted by Egghead.

egghead wrote:
For those of you who have lived in Texas, you know how true this is. They actually have a Chili Cook-off about the time Halloween comes around. It takes up a major portion of Warren Park in Burleson, Texas.

Judge #3 was an inexperienced Chili taster named Sarge, who was visiting from Portland, Oregon.
Sarge: "Recently, I was honored to be selected as a judge at a chili cook-off. The original person called in sick at the last moment and I happened to be standing there at the judge's table asking for directions to the Coors Light truck, when the call came in. I was
assured by the other two judges (Native Texans) that the chili wouldn't be all that spicy and, besides, they told me I could have free beer during the tasting, so I accepted".

Here are the scorecard notes from the event:

CHILI #1 - ERIN'S MANIAC MONSTER CHILI...
Judge #1 -- A little too heavy on the tomato. Amusing kick.
Judge #2 -- Nice smooth tomato flavor. Very mild.
Judge #3 (Sarge) -- Holy crap, what the heck is this stuff? You could remove dried paint from your driveway. It took me two beers to put the flames out. I hope that's the worst one. These Texans are crazy.

CHILI #2 - AUSTIN'S AFTERBURNER CHILI...
Judge #1 -- Smoky, with a hint of pork. Slight jalapeno tang.
Judge #2 -- Exciting BBQ flavor, needs more peppers to be taken seriously.
Judge #3 -- Keep this out of the reach of children. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to taste besides pain. I had to wave off two people who wanted to give me the Heimlich maneuver. They had to rush in more beer when they saw the look on my face.
CHILI #3 - FRED'S FAMOUS BURN DOWN THE BARN CHILI...
Judge #1 -- Excellent firehouse chili. Great kick.
Judge #2 -- A bit salty, good use of peppers.
Judge #3 -- Call the EPA. I've located a uranium spill. My nose
feels like I have been snorting Drano. Everyone knows the routine by now. Get me more beer before I ignite. The barmaid pounded me on the back, now my backbone is in the front part of my chest. I'm getting wasted from all of the beer.

CHILI #4 - BUBBA'S BLACK MAGIC...
Judge #1 -- Black bean chili with almost no spice. Disappointing.
Judge #2 -- Hint of lime in the black beans. Good side dish for fish or other mild foods, not much of a chili.
Judge #3 -- I felt something scraping across my tongue, but was unable to taste it. Is it possible to burn out taste buds? Sally, the beermaid, was standing behind me with fresh refills. That 300-LB woman is starting to look HOT...just like this nuclear waste I'm
eating! Is chili an aphrodisiac?
CHILI #5 - LISA'S LEGAL LIP REMOVER...
Judge #1 -- Meaty - strong chili. Cayenne peppers freshly ground, adding considerable kick. Very impressive.
Judge #2 -- Chili using shredded beef, could use more tomato. Must admit the cayenne peppers make a strong statement.
Judge #3 -- My ears are ringing, sweat is pouring off my forehead and I can no longer focus my eyes. I farted and four people behind me needed paramedics. The contestant seemed offended when I told her that her chili had given me brain damage. Sally saved my tongue from bleeding by pouring beer directly on it from the pitcher. I wonder if I'm burning my lips off. It really pisses me off that the other judges asked me to stop screaming. To heck with those rednecks.
CHILI #6 - VERA'S VERY VEGETARIAN VARIETY...
Judge #1 – Thin, yet bold vegetarian variety chili. Good balance of spices and peppers.
Judge #2 -- The best yet. Aggressive use of peppers, onions, and garlic - Superb.
Judge #3 -- My intestines are now a straight pipe filled with gaseous, sulfuric flames. I messed myself when I farted and I'm worried it will eat through the chair. No one seems inclined to stand behind me except that Sally. I can't feel my lips anymore. I need to
wipe my arse with a snow cone.
CHILI #7 - AGGIE'S SCREAMING SENSATION CHILI...
Judge #1 -- A mediocre chili with too much reliance on canned peppers.
Judge #2 -- Ho hum, tastes as if the chef literally threw in a can of chili peppers at the last moment. **I should take note that I am worried about Judge # 3.He appears to be in a bit of distress as he is cursing uncontrollably.
Judge #3 -- You could put a grenade in my mouth, pull the pin, and I wouldn't feel a thing. I've lost sight in one eye, and the world sounds like it is made of rushing water. My shirt is covered with chili, which slid unnoticed out of my mouth. My pants are full of
lava to match my shirt. At least during the autopsy, they'll know what killed me. I've decided to stop breathing, it's too painful. Screw it; I'm not getting any oxygen anyway. If I need air, I'll just suck it in through the 4-inch hole in my stomach.
CHILI #8 - BIG TOM'S TOENAIL CURLING CHILI...
Judge #1 -- The perfect ending, this is a nice blend chili. Not too hot, bold but spicy enough to declare its existence.
Judge #2 -- This final entry is a good, balanced chili. Neither mild nor hot. Sorry to see that most of it was lost when Judge #3 farted, passed out, fell over and pulled the chili pot down on top of himself. Not sure if he's going to make it. Poor fella, wonder
how he'd have reacted to really hot chili?
Judge # 3 - No Report
(Insert witty signature here)
kook & meer USER_AVATAR
Kook & Meer
Pilgrim

Postby Kook & Meer » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:59 am

Txdragon wrote:[quote="OldUsedParts"]On the lighter side, there is a real funny story that a member here posted about Judging a Texas Chili Cook Off Contest and I hope they see this and share it with you. It is hilarious and yet so typical of how different people think their Chili should be.

I found it and put it below. This was originally posted by Egghead.

[quote="egghead"]

For those of you who have lived in Texas, you know how true this is. They actually have a Chili Cook-off about the time Halloween comes around. It takes up a major portion of Warren Park in Burleson, Texas.

Judge #3 was an inexperienced Chili taster named Sarge, who was visiting from Portland, Oregon.
Sarge: "Recently, I was honored to be selected as a judge at a chili cook-off. The original person called in sick at the last moment and I happened to be standing there at the judge's table asking for directions to the Coors Light truck, when the call came in. I was
assured by the other two judges (Native Texans) that the chili wouldn't be all that spicy and, besides, they told me I could have free beer during the tasting, so I accepted".

Here are the scorecard notes from the event:

CHILI #1 - ERIN'S MANIAC MONSTER CHILI...
Judge #1 -- A little too heavy on the tomato. Amusing kick.
Judge #2 -- Nice smooth tomato flavor. Very mild.
Judge #3 (Sarge) -- Holy crap, what the heck is this stuff? You could remove dried paint from your driveway. It took me two beers to put the flames out. I hope that's the worst one. These Texans are crazy.

CHILI #2 - AUSTIN'S AFTERBURNER CHILI...
Judge #1 -- Smoky, with a hint of pork. Slight jalapeno tang.
Judge #2 -- Exciting BBQ flavor, needs more peppers to be taken seriously.
Judge #3 -- Keep this out of the reach of children. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to taste besides pain. I had to wave off two people who wanted to give me the Heimlich maneuver. They had to rush in more beer when they saw the look on my face.
CHILI #3 - FRED'S FAMOUS BURN DOWN THE BARN CHILI...
Judge #1 -- Excellent firehouse chili. Great kick.
Judge #2 -- A bit salty, good use of peppers.
Judge #3 -- Call the EPA. I've located a uranium spill. My nose
feels like I have been snorting Drano. Everyone knows the routine by now. Get me more beer before I ignite. The barmaid pounded me on the back, now my backbone is in the front part of my chest. I'm getting wasted from all of the beer.

CHILI #4 - BUBBA'S BLACK MAGIC...
Judge #1 -- Black bean chili with almost no spice. Disappointing.
Judge #2 -- Hint of lime in the black beans. Good side dish for fish or other mild foods, not much of a chili.
Judge #3 -- I felt something scraping across my tongue, but was unable to taste it. Is it possible to burn out taste buds? Sally, the beermaid, was standing behind me with fresh refills. That 300-LB woman is starting to look HOT...just like this nuclear waste I'm
eating! Is chili an aphrodisiac?
CHILI #5 - LISA'S LEGAL LIP REMOVER...
Judge #1 -- Meaty - strong chili. Cayenne peppers freshly ground, adding considerable kick. Very impressive.
Judge #2 -- Chili using shredded beef, could use more tomato. Must admit the cayenne peppers make a strong statement.
Judge #3 -- My ears are ringing, sweat is pouring off my forehead and I can no longer focus my eyes. I farted and four people behind me needed paramedics. The contestant seemed offended when I told her that her chili had given me brain damage. Sally saved my tongue from bleeding by pouring beer directly on it from the pitcher. I wonder if I'm burning my lips off. It really pisses me off that the other judges asked me to stop screaming. To heck with those rednecks.
CHILI #6 - VERA'S VERY VEGETARIAN VARIETY...
Judge #1 – Thin, yet bold vegetarian variety chili. Good balance of spices and peppers.
Judge #2 -- The best yet. Aggressive use of peppers, onions, and garlic - Superb.
Judge #3 -- My intestines are now a straight pipe filled with gaseous, sulfuric flames. I messed myself when I farted and I'm worried it will eat through the chair. No one seems inclined to stand behind me except that Sally. I can't feel my lips anymore. I need to
wipe my arse with a snow cone.
CHILI #7 - AGGIE'S SCREAMING SENSATION CHILI...
Judge #1 -- A mediocre chili with too much reliance on canned peppers.
Judge #2 -- Ho hum, tastes as if the chef literally threw in a can of chili peppers at the last moment. **I should take note that I am worried about Judge # 3.He appears to be in a bit of distress as he is cursing uncontrollably.
Judge #3 -- You could put a grenade in my mouth, pull the pin, and I wouldn't feel a thing. I've lost sight in one eye, and the world sounds like it is made of rushing water. My shirt is covered with chili, which slid unnoticed out of my mouth. My pants are full of
lava to match my shirt. At least during the autopsy, they'll know what killed me. I've decided to stop breathing, it's too painful. Screw it; I'm not getting any oxygen anyway. If I need air, I'll just suck it in through the 4-inch hole in my stomach.
CHILI #8 - BIG TOM'S TOENAIL CURLING CHILI...
Judge #1 -- The perfect ending, this is a nice blend chili. Not too hot, bold but spicy enough to declare its existence.
Judge #2 -- This final entry is a good, balanced chili. Neither mild nor hot. Sorry to see that most of it was lost when Judge #3 farted, passed out, fell over and pulled the chili pot down on top of himself. Not sure if he's going to make it. Poor fella, wonder
how he'd have reacted to really hot chili?
Judge # 3 - No Report[/quote][/quote]

What a great story, I fell off my chair laughing. Super, thanks for this great story.

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:53 am

I thought that you would get a kick out of that one - - - Thanks Egghead and TD for the resurrection :tup: :salut:
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:52 pm

looks like something good to eat :salut:
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis