Need some advise

Anything, everything and all things chili. Cowboys like chili!

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Perez2
Pilgrim

Need some advise

Postby Perez2 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:19 am

I want to try something new, I'm thinking about adding a nice and spicy bloody Mary mix and Horseradish to a recipe. Has anyone ever tried this? Thanks for any help.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Need some advise

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:53 am

I would think that should be OK but just for my curiosity :?: what recipe :?:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
Perez2
Pilgrim

Postby Perez2 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:18 am

It's one I've been using for years. It has morphed into my own concoction with ingreduants like coffee, chocolate beer, Chipotle peppers, green chili's, El Pato tomato sauce and fire roasted tomatoes...some years I've made my own chili paste vs. Chile mix. This year I'm trying a three meat chili. Buying the small pre chopped meat you buy at the Mexican butcher shops that people buy for making taquitos, along with chorizo and some 80/20 ground beef. I'm a homesick Texan living in Michigan, so I have to add beans so all the Snowbirds will eat it. Lol. I make my own Ranchero beans to add, then mix inkidney beans also. I've won several local competitions in the past, but nothing major. It's all fun and it reminds me of home.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:36 am

sounds good, I always thought that "tweeking Chili Recipes" was mandatory at some time :laughing7: I do know what you mean about Texas withdrawals - - - - I once spent 5 wonderful years in the Rocky Mtns but that Lone Star Yearning never went away :tup: :texas:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
Perez2
Pilgrim

Postby Perez2 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:54 am

Gotta love Lonestar!!! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:
worldcasing
Pilgrim

Postby worldcasing » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:24 pm

I do it all the time, i use zing zang.
Joseph
Pilgrim

Postby Joseph » Fri May 12, 2017 5:13 am

Once I prepared for my family but I really forgot what I used actual, but when I poured the glass I added vodka and the flavor was superb. You can try this. Thanks,

Return to “Chili Heads”