Ghost Pepper BBQ Sauce

Anything, everything and all things chili. Cowboys like chili!

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

SmokeNHops
Wrangler

Ghost Pepper BBQ Sauce

Postby SmokeNHops » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:45 am

I'm both a BBQ fan and a chili-head so this cook I decided to do some experimenting with my sauce. For anyone who likes some decent heat, this was a pretty good one. I'll continue to refine the recipe as I tinker and see how other hot sauce additions may impact my BBQ sauce final product. I use a Franklin's sauce recipe I found online as my base and then I tweak it each time I make it.

1 1/2 cup Ketchup (I seem to be able to tell a difference when I use organic flavorwise -- it's what they have at costco anyway..)
1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 cup White Vinegar
1/4 cup Soy Sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
Onion powder couple teaspoons
Garlic powder couple teaspoons
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
2 Tablespoons Cold Brew coffee (espresso would also work. Best results I've had taste wise have been from Mexican Chocolate roast by Addison Coffee Roasters)
2-3 Tablespoons Bravado Blueberry-Ghost Pepper Sauce

Let that simmer and whisk occasionally for a while to let the flavors meld. Spot season as needed to your preferences.

Anyone who likes heat, I'd recommend checking out Bravado's products. Their Crimson is a great daily sauce for anything. They have a Habanero Pineapple sauce that is one of my favorite hot sauces ever for chicken, pork, pizza, eggs, etc. And they just put out a Crimson reserve which is their regular hot sauce kicked up a notch with some scorpion peppers. Bravado's Link: http://bravadospice.com/
UDS - Not so ugly, but I may be biased ;)
Yoder YS640

Return to “Chili Heads”