Chili con possible Carne

Anything, everything and all things chili. Cowboys like chili!

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Chili con possible Carne

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:58 am

My next door neighbor has moved and before she left she brought over a couple of large thick beef cuts that her son had given her. I zip-locked them and tossed in my freezer. Stumbled over them yesterday while browsing for an idea for Lunch and decided to get out my old faithful Rival Food Chopper. I set it up for coarse ground and ran the beef thru along with several slices of bacon. Had not quite a full envelope of Suckle Busters Chili Mix but could have used two so she's still simmering and I'm deciding what to do. It tastes good as is but could use a little more CP. Once the Wiffy gets up I'll find out if she wants the musical fruit added but until then it's "legal Chili". :tup:

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
IMG_0012.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
tri3forme USER_AVATAR
tri3forme
Rustler

Re: Chili con possible Carne

Postby tri3forme » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:23 am

Nice job! Looks delicious!! What's that jar on top of your cans of tomatoes? Is that your chili mix?
I love how your pan is nearly pouring over the sides because it's so full! :lol: That's gotta be kind of tricky when you want to stir.
I don't eat to live....I live to eat
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:27 am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:39 am

tri3forme wrote:Nice job! Looks delicious!! What's that jar on top of your cans of tomatoes? Is that your chili mix?
I love how your pan is nearly pouring over the sides because it's so full! :lol: That's gotta be kind of tricky when you want to stir.

Yes Sir, that is what was left of some Suckle Busters Chili Mix and I really thought there was more in that envelope but it still tastes nice.

Gotta be careful stirring fo sho but I brown at low temps with a glass lid on the skillet. Then I drain the meat drippings and sautee veggies in butter and canola. :chef:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:45 am

Looks worth of a pan of CB and a spoon.
:chef: :chef:
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:12 pm

Maybe on the next re-heating there will be a pan of Martha White Sweet Yeller but today's bowl went down with some grated Pepper Jack and Guererro Torts (thanks Bill). I guess I must confess that the Wiffy opted for the "illegal type" so con Carne was the theme this time. I sure did like the taste of the coarse ground meat from those two thick cuts of beef. I'll bet a London Broil or Skirt would be larapin ground and used like this also especially if you grind up some bacon with it. :chef:
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:40 am

I'll eat it any way you make it! :cheers:
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:48 am

thank ya, Sailor, it was purdy decent ?stuff? - - - :salut:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:11 pm

A pot of Chili has unlimited possibilities such as my Lunch today. :tup: :chef:

In the microwave, soften a Guerrero White Corn Tortilla (remember Chili Farmer and smile) :D :salut:
Place tort in a baking dish and spoon a generous amount of heated Chili and grated pepper jack (not shown) on it.
IMG_0019.JPG

Roll up and repeat as many times as desired - - top with grated pepper jack and homemade roasted salsa.
IMG_0020.JPG

Place in broiler until cheese is melted and enchiladas are warm. Remove, plate and EAT.
IMG_0021.JPG
bondobill
Outlaw

Postby bondobill » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:17 pm

Dangit, Em
Lunch like that's making me wanta take some chili out of the freezer :lol:

Bill
p.z. USER_AVATAR
P.Z.
Pilgrim

Postby P.Z. » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:51 am

Looks delicious, OUP!
PZ
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:05 pm

thanks, now I need to order some more SB Chili Mix :tup: :salut:

Return to “Chili Heads”