Bresaola, attempt 1

Sausage making and curing meats.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Bresaola, attempt 1

Postby Txdragon » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:32 pm

My first attempt at Bresaola. Slightly salty, even for my taste but that may be my fault :dont: I need to age it longer. This was a small piece of tenderloin so I didn't think it would need much more than 3 weeks. How wrong was I? Lol
20170619_132259.jpg
(Insert witty signature here)
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Bresaola, attempt 1

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:39 pm

I've always been a lover of SALT and that reminds me of the Dried Beef that my Grandpaw used to buy. He loved it and, if I was really nice, he'd give me a thin slice or two as a reward. :laughing7: :D :lol:
DriedBeef.jpg
DriedBeef.jpg (15.76 KiB) Viewed 2564 times
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:25 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:I've always been a lover of SALT and that reminds me of the Dried Beef that my Grandpaw used to buy. He loved it and, if I was really nice, he'd give me a thin slice or two as a reward. :laughing7: :D :lol:
DriedBeef.jpg

Oh man, I love those! They're a bit pricey though, for what you're getting.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:41 pm

yup they've always been pricey - - - that's probably why Grandpaw rationed them to me :laughing7:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:34 pm

Looks like SOS comin' to me........ :shock:
tarde venientibus ossa....
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:00 pm

Went to check on the progress of this project and saw it was missing from the fridge. Asked the wife if she knew what happened and yup, found my answer. She got rid of it as she said it was looking like a science project.. I said, it was!!! She tossed it out a few days ago.. I bet it had a nice flavor to it then... Sigh..
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:00 am

Txdragon wrote:Went to check on the progress of this project and saw it was missing from the fridge. Asked the wife if she knew what happened and yup, found my answer. She got rid of it as she said it was looking like a science project.. I said, it was!!! She tossed it out a few days ago.. I bet it had a nice flavor to it then... Sigh..

Separate fridges. What might look like a science project to wives usually end up on their plate if they are lucky. I get the raised eyebrow many times, but not so much after she tastes it. I nearly always have a brine, salsa, or hunk of beef under transformation. Shes got the main kitchen fridge, I have the outside fridge, and we share the various freezers.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill

Return to “Sausage and Cured Meats”