Ground Beef Poppers

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

professor bunky USER_AVATAR
Professor Bunky
Outlaw

Ground Beef Poppers

Postby Professor Bunky » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:41 pm

During the summer we grew some jalapenos, some of which turned out to be hotter than any we had ever tasted before. So we just threw them in the freezer for use at some future date.

Well, today was a pretty mild day, here in the Northeast, and we had just bought some ground beef, soooo.....we decided to make poppers with the jalapenos. We made a ground beef and cheese mixture for the stuffing (with extra left over for burgers) and topped the poppers with bacon. The poppers went into a foil pan, on the gas grill.

It was still windy enough to keep the grill from getting very hot, so I wound up cooking these semi-indirect (with 3 of the 4 gas burners on). After about an hour, they were done.

Some of the jalapenos were still moderately hot and some were just mild. None were as scary-hot as when we first picked them in the summer and fall. The stuffing turned out very good and made it all worth while.
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Re: Ground Beef Poppers

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:49 pm

They were pretty good...some were semi-atomic, and though I was in full HazMat gear when prepping them, my eyes and throat feel kinda sting-y. :mrgreen:
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:08 pm

My taste buds call that the Main Course - - of course with a side of Shiner Bock :tup: :salut: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:26 pm

This could be good for me Professor...... Lol.
Maybe ur close enough that I can go outside on the back deck and catch a wiff of those vittles...

U said ur from the northeast ?
May I ask where?
I've felt like the one pink scallop that's mixed with the rest of the 3000 white ones cuz I'm a yank up here in the Keystone State lol.

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”