Can and Vacuum Bag Stew

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Can and Vacuum Bag Stew

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:12 am

One of those days to use some freezer stuff that's been in isolation long enuff.
I had vacuum bagged some leftover chops from my New Years Showdown and the Wiffy wanted Pork Stew. Must admit, it's not my favorite because it's most times too sweet for my taste buds. Nevertheless SWMBO has spoken.
Copy of Copy of IMG_0018.JPG
CrownRoastCutFB.jpg

Unfortunately these are the main tools for this cook because of the ingredients.
IMG_0054.JPG

IMG_0053.JPG

Sautee and Dump is the Game of the Day.
IMG_0055.JPG
IMG_0056.JPG
IMG_0057.JPG

Sure hope the Pioneer Gravy Mix thickens -- - if it don't then I may have to mix up some thickening with something ?maybe? flour and buttermilk :dont:
Attachments
IMG_0058.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Can and Vacuum Bag Stew

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:23 pm

Broth got a little bit thicker so I fixed a pan of cornbread and tried a bowl. Even tho it was sweeter than I prefer - - - It was Good :tup: and I will be having an other bowl for Supper dis-ennin. Fixed the wiffy a bowl and she nibbled on it - - - when I asked her how she liked it, her reply was "the cornbread was good" :banghead: :angryfire: why do I even try :whiteflag: :dont: :roll:
IMG_0001.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:35 pm

Looks fine from here, and I gotta say that if those are canned green beans they look way nicer than anything I ever opened.

My Silly Question Of The Day: what kind of pot is that?
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:07 pm

Sailor Kenshin wrote:Looks fine from here, and I gotta say that if those are canned green beans they look way nicer than anything I ever opened.
My Silly Question Of The Day: what kind of pot is that?

They are the smaller 8.25oz cans (no salt) HEB brand Cut Green Beans

Not Silly at all - - - right now I can't read the bottom, if you know what I mean :laughing7: :D :lol: but I will later and give you the proper name - - - - I'm pretty sure it is "hammered aluminum" - - I've got a dutch oven from that same material as well and I used to have a large sauce pan that ?mysteriously? disappeared :roll: - - - all of these were once my Mom's. :rose:

Note the handy replacement lid handle that my Dad probably took off of an old clothesline wire rolled up in the garage. :laughing7: :D :lol:
IMG_0002.JPG
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:33 pm

Hammered
CLUB
Aluminum

Hammercraft Cookware
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:08 pm

We call em preserving pans down here, I make my sauces in one like that one pictured. Btw nice cook emm, your wife is spoilt.lol

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:38 pm

OldUsedParts wrote: Hammered
CLUB
Aluminum

Hammercraft Cookware

Thanks, OUP...looks somewhat similar to my only Guardian Service piece! :mrgreen:
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:07 pm

Seems to be a lot of them out there for sale - - - that is on Ebay and Amazon there is - - - - remember back when the Aluminum Cookware causes Cancer was all over the News :?: My Mom nor Granny never batted an eye or slowed down using them :dont: :roll: :laughing7: :D :lol:
captjack USER_AVATAR
CaptJack
Outlaw

Postby CaptJack » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:48 pm

if you remember
Justin Wilson cooked most of his dishes in the Magnalite aluminum cookware
I "GARONTE"

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/magnalite ... roduct:1:1
22"OldSmokey • 2-burner gasser with GrillGrates
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:53 pm

Dang, I was a Juice-tone fan and never missed an episode but I didn't know about the cookware. :tup:

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”