Postby woodenvisions » Sat May 20, 2017 6:38 pm

Glad you and the wifey liked it Russ :)

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Re: Overnight French Toast

Postby Kiwiruss » Sun May 21, 2017 7:19 pm

Yeah wife had been mentioning it a few times but I forgot who had done it, then I searched here and found it. She wanted to know how I knew about this recipe. I casually said ,oh, I seen it somewhere,lol. She says I'm doing this again, but maybe just 1 piece of bread, said it was quite filling with the scrambled eggs as well. I'm not big on French toast so I had something else. :D :D

Russ
Be different.......we love different. :happ:
jiwoejwoei69
Pilgrim

Postby jiwoejwoei69 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:25 pm

:D :D :D tasty
Don't cry because it is over,smile because it is happened.You should remember,our BBQ grill mat are always here with you.
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:00 am

I do recommend it, wife loved it.

Russ
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:34 am

Kiwiruss wrote:I do recommend it, wife loved it.

Russ

We FINALLY got around to it!

Full disclosure: I am not a fan of French toast. Soaking, standing over a griddle flipping...meh. I don't even care to eat it. But PB does. And we've been meaning to make this casserole version ever since WV put it up here. Last night, spurred on by a breakfast so horrific I had to Yelp it, we finally started.

I made a couple of mistakes. One, we used a baguette that was very hard to cut and already so dried out there was no egg mixture visible by the time we sent it to the oven. Two, I cut the egg mixture in half. Won't do that again.

But ya know..? I don't like French toast, yet I kept stealing some off PB's plate. Had to force myself to stop. I have been won over. We'll be doing this again, full recipe, softer bread. Thanks, WV!

Oh, and Russ...enjoyed reading the story of how you met Mrs. Russ. We have a ' story' of our own. ;)
Moink!
professor bunky USER_AVATAR
Professor Bunky
Outlaw

Postby Professor Bunky » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:08 am

This was quite a treat and we had it with bacon, sausage and ham. :cheers:
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:57 pm

Sailor Kenshin wrote:
Kiwiruss wrote:I do recommend it, wife loved it.

Russ

We FINALLY got around to it!

Full disclosure: I am not a fan of French toast. Soaking, standing over a griddle flipping...meh. I don't even care to eat it. But PB does. And we've been meaning to make this casserole version ever since WV put it up here. Last night, spurred on by a breakfast so horrific I had to Yelp it, we finally started.

I made a couple of mistakes. One, we used a baguette that was very hard to cut and already so dried out there was no egg mixture visible by the time we sent it to the oven. Two, I cut the egg mixture in half. Won't do that again.'

But ya know..? I don't like French toast, yet I kept stealing some off PB's plate. Had to force myself to stop. I have been won over. We'll be doing this again, full recipe, softer bread. Thanks, WV!

Oh, and Russ...enjoyed reading the story of how you met Mrs. Russ. We have a ' story' of our own. ;)

I'm all ears,lol.

Russ
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:01 pm

Sailor Kenshin wrote: We have a ' story' of our own. ;)

Inquiring Minds are All Ears :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:09 pm

It all started with a barbecue. (I know, right?)

My college friend invited me to a barbecue at her dorm. 'We'll meet lots of cute guys there,' she said. There WERE lots of guys, but they didn't speak English. And my friend (we'll call her 'Traitor') already had a boy (we'll call him 'Miscreant') with her.

The 'barbecue' was one grill in the courtyard, inexpertly scorching steam-table weenies, which even back then I refused to eat.

I glanced up in desperation at the dorm windows. One of them had a pretty display of flashing, colored lights. I said to Traitor, 'Maybe there's a more interesting party there,' and I dragged her up with me. We found the room. PB was there by himself. Traitor and Miscreant just about threw me at him, then bolted.

I didn't have a car; Dad had dropped me off at the college. I was alone in the dorm of a complete stranger with no way to get home.

But we got to talking. PB had made the light display himself. We liked many of the same things: books, hobbies, music, radio programs. We talked a LOT. Traitor, Miscreant and the barbecue were soon forgotten.

PB had a car. Eventually he dropped me off at home, and from there it's all a happy blur. :mrgreen:
Moink!
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:19 pm

Sailor Kenshin wrote:It all started with a barbecue. (I know, right?)

My college friend invited me to a barbecue at her dorm. 'We'll meet lots of cute guys there,' she said. There WERE lots of guys, but they didn't speak English. And my friend (we'll call her 'Traitor') already had a boy (we'll call him 'Miscreant') with her.

The 'barbecue' was one grill in the courtyard, inexpertly scorching steam-table weenies, which even back then I refused to eat.

I glanced up in desperation at the dorm windows. One of them had a pretty display of flashing, colored lights. I said to Traitor, 'Maybe there's a more interesting party there,' and I dragged her up with me. We found the room. PB was there by himself. Traitor and Miscreant just about threw me at him, then bolted.

I didn't have a car; Dad had dropped me off at the college. I was alone in the dorm of a complete stranger with no way to get home.

But we got to talking. PB had made the light display himself. We liked many of the same things: books, hobbies, music, radio programs. We talked a LOT. Traitor, Miscreant and the barbecue were soon forgotten.

PB had a car. Eventually he dropped me off at home, and from there it's all a happy blur. :mrgreen:

Awesome events sailor, did you know straight away ? The lightbulb moment? Because it was for me, the moment our eyes locked.
And how long ago was that? And how many said ...... It won't last! Lol, I had a few of them.

Russ
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:20 pm

Awwwwwwww, good one so we'll call you Dorm Stormer OK?
Now for the important part "what kind of a car did he have?" 8) :laughing7:
Thanks for sharing :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:53 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Awwwwwwww, good one so we'll call you Dorm Stormer OK?

'68 green Dodge Coronet. :mrgreen:
Moink!
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:59 pm

Sailor Kenshin wrote:
OldUsedParts wrote:Awwwwwwww, good one so we'll call you Dorm Stormer OK?

'68 green Dodge Coronet. :mrgreen:

What would that be worth now??
At least he had a car,lol. I was on a bus as I didn't have a licence at the time, I think I had just turned 15.

Russ
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:31 pm

the Kewl Dudes call that
MOPAR 8)

Prolly t'werent da Soupy Bee, eh :?:
DodgeCoronet.jpg
DodgeCoronet.jpg (31.52 KiB) Viewed 2077 times
professor bunky USER_AVATAR
Professor Bunky
Outlaw

Postby Professor Bunky » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:50 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:the Kewl Dudes call that
MOPAR 8)

Prolly t'werent da Soupy Bee, eh :?:
DodgeCoronet.jpg

No, it was a standard model and a much darker shade of green.

We also had quite a few adventures that summer on the college campus. :lol:

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”