BSA Lunch

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

BSA Lunch

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:54 am

Their Motto is "Be Prepared" and when it comes to Lunch time, I am always prepared, to eat that is. Such was the case today when the Wiffy didn't feel like doing anything 'cept staying in bed with pills and heating pad.

So rather than go pick up something and probably be disappointed, I decided to water thaw a Tilapia filet, fry in Olive oil and Butter and make me a fish sammich. Whooped up some East Texas Tarter Sauce :texas: and oven toasted an Onion Bun. Sides were Okra and some 'hidden' cherry maters that either needed to be thrown away or eaten, so I ate 3 and chunked the rest.

Filet was dredged in Buttermilk and then in a dry mix of Corn Flour and "Gator's Cajun Seasoning" :salut: - - - the mix of flavors was great. :tup: :cheers:

IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Re: BSA Lunch

Postby bsooner75 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:30 pm

I love the fact that you make sure the Wiffy is nice and comfortable and then turn your attention to making sure you got some good grub! OUP's priorities are in the right place!

Hope she feels better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:06 pm

thanks, she got up and feels a tad better and there was some tuna fish salad in the frig :whiteflag:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:19 pm

I'd eat that fish sammich! :D
Moink!
castironchris USER_AVATAR
castironchris
Bandolero

Postby castironchris » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:40 pm

Looks good OUP but that ain't near enough okra!!
Weber 22" with SlownSear
Weber Smokey Mountain 22"
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:09 pm

You're a good man emmett, I too hope wife's a bit better. Meal ain't too shabby either,lol. :cheers:

Russ
Be different.......we love different. :happ:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:56 pm

thanks, Gents, I got to bragging on how good my fish sammich was and ?guess what? - - I had to defrost and fix her one dis ennin - - - don't mind a bit tho :rose: - - - as far as the Okra goes, that was the last of a jar but it will be replaced very very soon :salut:

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”