Naan-za

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Naan-za

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:08 pm

We always see Naan bread at the supermarket and always wanted to try it. So when a package hit the 'Used Food' (day-old, lol) shelf we grabbed it. What to do with it?

Chez chunks, obviously: cheddar, jack, munster and Yancy's Peppadew. And then some leftover chopped balsamic dressing-marinated grilled chicken thighs. Heyyy! Naan base was a little sweet, but not bad, and this was easy-peasy. I'd do it again!

Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Naan-za

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:42 pm

Ahoy, Pard, that's come cool creativity drifting in from the Eastern Pond - - - I googled and found it was a leavened bread and that would interest me fo sho. :tup: :salut: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
professor bunky USER_AVATAR
Professor Bunky
Outlaw

Postby Professor Bunky » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:47 pm

And it was quite good too! :D
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Naan-za

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:25 pm

Sailor Kenshin wrote:We always see Naan bread at the supermarket and always wanted to try it. So when a package hit the 'Used Food' (day-old, lol) shelf we grabbed it. What to do with it?

Chez chunks, obviously: cheddar, jack, munster and Yancy's Peppadew. And then some leftover chopped balsamic dressing-marinated grilled chicken thighs. Heyyy! Naan base was a little sweet, but not bad, and this was easy-peasy. I'd do it again!

[img]http://extras.ourpatioparty.com/files/1814/8986/0097/Naan_Pizza-640p.jpg[/img]

WHAT ?!?!?!?!?!

Way to weird man !!

Lol, just threw some pizzas on 5 minutes ago using this bread.
Yours look awesome, I've never used these before....., I hope I have the same results.

do do do do....do do do do.. ( twilight zone ) lol !!!
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Naan-za

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:28 pm

woodenvisions wrote:
Sailor Kenshin wrote:We always see Naan bread at the supermarket and always wanted to try it. So when a package hit the 'Used Food' (day-old, lol) shelf we grabbed it. What to do with it?

[img]http://extras.ourpatioparty.com/files/1814/8986/0097/Naan_Pizza-640p.jpg[/img]

WHAT ?!?!?!?!?!

Way to weird man !!

Yours look awesome, I've never used these before....., I hope I have the same results.

do do do do....do do do do.. ( twilight zone ) lol !!!

:shock:
Moink!
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: RE: Naan-za

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:42 pm

Sailor Kenshin wrote:[quote="woodenvisions"][quote="Sailor Kenshin"]We always see Naan bread at the supermarket and always wanted to try it. So when a package hit the 'Used Food' (day-old, lol) shelf we grabbed it. What to do with it?

WHAT ?!?!?!?!?!

Way to weird man !!

do do do do....do do do do.. ( twilight zone ) lol !!![/quote]

:shock:[/quote]
Lol, no frown face man
Just means we think alike..

Wait....., that might be scary lol
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:28 pm

Naan bread is standard here in my house with a curry. It's traditionally cooked in a tandoor, it's cooked on the walls , at extreme heat then smothered in garlic butter when serving. Giggle tandoor oven. They also cook their chicken and lamb on skewers in the tandoor. One of the best things to eat is tandoori lamb cutlets, I've adapted to do mine under a grill. After you've tried you will be wanting them again n again. The taste is addictive, I make them here about every 2 weeks. I serve with a mint n cucumber rhaita which is mixed with yoghurt.
LOVE naan bread.

Russ
Be different.......we love different. :happ:
captjack USER_AVATAR
CaptJack
Outlaw

Postby CaptJack » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:41 pm

22"OldSmokey • 2-burner gasser with GrillGrates
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:18 am

Kiwiruss wrote:Naan bread is standard here in my house with a curry. It's traditionally cooked in a tandoor, it's cooked on the walls , at extreme heat then smothered in garlic butter when serving. Giggle tandoor oven. They also cook their chicken and lamb on skewers in the tandoor. One of the best things to eat is tandoori lamb cutlets, I've adapted to do mine under a grill. After you've tried you will be wanting them again n again. The taste is addictive, I make them here about every 2 weeks. I serve with a mint n cucumber rhaita which is mixed with yoghurt.
LOVE naan bread.

Russ

Mmm, tandoori lamb....

I wonder how a tandoor compares to a Big Easy as far as results go...
Moink!
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:01 pm

Always wanted to build a Tandoor. I've seen them made from stone, steel and clay.
I've even saw one made from a LARGE clay pot, cut open and surrounded by driveway stone all on top of a brick foundation.

I'm still wanting to make one even more now since Russ brought this up.
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:15 pm

Sailor Kenshin wrote:
Kiwiruss wrote:Naan bread is standard here in my house with a curry. It's traditionally cooked in a tandoor, it's cooked on the walls , at extreme heat then smothered in garlic butter when serving. Giggle tandoor oven. They also cook their chicken and lamb on skewers in the tandoor. One of the best things to eat is tandoori lamb cutlets, I've adapted to do mine under a grill. After you've tried you will be wanting them again n again. The taste is addictive, I make them here about every 2 weeks. I serve with a mint n cucumber rhaita which is mixed with yoghurt.
LOVE naan bread.

Russ

Mmm, tandoori lamb....

I wonder how a tandoor compares to a Big Easy as far as results go...

I reckon it would be great, you just need the spice mix to marinade the lamb in, then you do what you do best,cook! I can help you if you want to try the tandoori marinade. Pm me.

Russ
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:19 pm

woodenvisions wrote:Always wanted to build a Tandoor. I've seen them made from stone, steel and clay.
I've even saw one made from a LARGE clay pot, cut open and surrounded by driveway stone all on top of a brick foundation.

I'm still wanting to make one even more now since Russ brought this up.

Wv the ones I've seen up close are brilliant but they are gas fired at immense heat. I've achieved excellent results by grilling , and the heat and the yoghurt mix gives a slight burn taste like the tandoor. I think you Re looking at big bucks to build one, the one I had a close look at was an Indian restaurant we go to, from memory. Think he said the oven was about 10k ??? Around that mark. As with sailor if you want to give it a go , I can help you. The taste is unbelievable. Pm me if you want to try it.

Russ
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:11 am

Naan is a favorite of mine! These look great! :cheers:
(Insert witty signature here)

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”