Cr'Potted Peppered Pork

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Cr'Potted Peppered Pork

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:09 am

Once in a while I get the craving for meat and veggies cooked with sweet peppers like Anaheim/ETC so I brought the ol Crock Pot outa retirement today. I'm trying to do some Farmer's Cut Ribs, mixed Veggies and cut/whole Sweet Peppers n Own-Yawns in a Roast and Veggie Style. Got my fingers crossed on this one but I've also got my constant eye on it.

Had three chops that I SPG'd, floured and quickly browned so they are the foundation that all the goodies are sitting on. Used a pre-packaged HEB Liquid plus some H2O and now the waiting starts.
Final pics upon completion ?maybe? :scratch:

IMG_0029.JPG

IMG_0030.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Cr'Potted Peppered Pork

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:00 pm

I started not to take a final pic because, even tho the Wiffy like it, I was really disappointed in the overall taste. To me it was bland and the HEB Roast Sauce and the mini-Gold taters were way below par IMHO. I also almost burnt the Fry Bread but it was, at least, eatable. :roll:

From now on the Jacks Ribs/Chops go over Charcoal :chef:
IMG_2653.JPG

:?: Now what was that Lil Orphan Annie Song :?: :whiteflag:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:19 pm

Yo Em..

Some are singles, doubles,tripples and grand slams. We even have strike outs as well. Nothing wrong with being ur toughest critic, so never hesitate to post anything. Besides, I don't see anything wrong here buddy.
Looks good to me !!

Now, if u want, I can show you what a BAD cook looks like. Lol, I'm sure I have them archived in my food pic folders

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:29 pm

I find it's difficult to nail seasoning with a slow cooker. It's either underseasoned, or I go the other way and overseasoned.

It still looks good, OUP, and I'd probably eat it. :D
Moink!
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:48 pm

I've learned to use some chicken broth along with poultry seasoning when I would do something like this. This gives you a pretty fool proof base. After it's done, you can then add spices to your taste.
Just my 2 pennys
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:52 pm

Agreed 100% - - - except for SPG on the meat, I depended on the sauce to take up the slack :banghead: This might end up as Soup or History before the day is over :dont:
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:50 pm

I just ruined a Peach Betty, if that makes you feel better. :laughing7:
Moink!
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:06 pm

My go to choice for taste is powdered chicken stock, a teaspoon makes a huge difference, when I'm pan frying vegetables ie, Chinese style , just before serving 1/2 teaspoon stock with a bit of water. Makes a huge difference. I'd eat that though emm.

Russ
Be different.......we love different. :happ:
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:31 pm

woodenvisions wrote:I've learned to use some chicken broth along with poultry seasoning when I would do something like this. This gives you a pretty fool proof base. After it's done, you can then add spices to your taste.
Just my 2 pennys

+1. I use the jar beef or chicken consommé that they sell around the bullion at the market. About a teaspoon to a tablespoon full for a stew makes a heck of a difference, just really richins it up. Hey little real heavy cream never hurt anybody either, as long as you do your 25 push-ups a day, right?

And actually, I learned a good trick from my wife a while back, you can buy that fat free Bulgarian plain yogurt and it works as good as sour cream or heavy cream to give a rich broth in a pot pie, pot roast, or a stew, along with the beef or chicken Consommé. Put it this way, work in a heavy cream, really good beef broth, and some grilled onions, and make yourself some beef stroganoff over egg noodles? That and a good cold Bavarian style beer, and you're ready for whatever the Lord pix out for you the next day, no problem.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:54 pm

Thanks Gents, no doubt I "Botched da Broth" :whiteflag:

but the wrapper was sooooo purdy :dont:
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:37 pm

And actually, I learned a good trick from my wife a while back, you can buy that fat free Bulgarian plain yogurt and it works as good as sour cream or heavy cream to give a rich broth in a pot pie, pot roast, or a stew, along with the beef or chicken Consommé. Put it this way, work in a heavy cream, really good beef broth, and some grilled onions, and make yourself some beef stroganoff over egg noodles? That and a good cold Bavarian style beer, and you're ready for whatever the Lord pix out for you the next day, no problem.

I would eat a big bowl of that, I love noodles as well. Bonus.

Russ
Be different.......we love different. :happ:

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”