Following the Leaders

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Following the Leaders

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun May 07, 2017 3:59 pm

Years ago I picked up a Cook Book by Rosie Daley (old what's her names private chef) and there were a couple of recipes that I really like - - - THEY also reminded me of C.I. Chris latest Unfried Dishes that he and some other "followers" have done. Well today I did some Tilapia Filets using Rosie's Unfried Catfish Recipe SEE PIC and they were darned decent. Only thing I didn't like was my tweeking of the seasonings so I'll remedy that next time. Opened a can of Field Peas and threw together some mini salads and Lunch was ready.

IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

Ready for the Oven
IMG_0005.JPG

Finished Baking
IMG_0006.JPG

PUP's Plate
IMG_0007.JPG

War Dept's Plate
IMG_0008.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Following the Leaders

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun May 07, 2017 4:01 pm

The Unfried French Fries are awesome and better than Tater Chips IMHO - - - I'll do some of those sometime soon. :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sun May 07, 2017 7:19 pm

Looks goooood! I might have to try this myself.

What did you do with the seasonings that didn't work?
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun May 07, 2017 7:25 pm

Sailor, I used straight Corn Meal instead of Corn Flour AND Old Bay Blackening. Next time I will use Corn Flour seasoned with SB Gator's Cajun Seasoning and Salt. Tried to keep all the filets tolerable for the Wiffy but next time I'll just season her's separately.
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Mon May 08, 2017 8:18 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Sailor, I used straight Corn Meal instead of Corn Flour AND Old Bay Blackening. Next time I will use Corn Flour seasoned with SB Gator's Cajun Seasoning and Salt. Tried to keep all the filets tolerable for the Wiffy but next time I'll just season her's separately.

Corn flour like masa harina? Or as in that stuff you put in pudding? ;)

I'm really interested in trying this; we don't cook much fish apart from salmon.
Moink!
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Postby Williep » Mon May 08, 2017 8:24 am

Yes sir, that right there is some good look'in grub. :cheers: :cheers:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon May 08, 2017 9:27 am

Sailor Kenshin wrote:Corn flour like masa harina? Or as in that stuff you put in pudding? ;)
I'm really interested in trying this; we don't cook much fish apart from salmon.

We use this and I plan on adding either Gator's Cajun Seasoning from Suckle Busters ?OR? if the Wiffy plans on munchin out with me, I'll use Slap Ya Mama on her dry dredge. Let me know how it turns out and if you can't find this Fish Fry then PM me and I'll mail ya some. OK?

Fish Fry.jpg
Fish Fry.jpg (34.94 KiB) Viewed 1296 times
captjack USER_AVATAR
CaptJack
Outlaw

Postby CaptJack » Mon May 08, 2017 1:59 pm

22"OldSmokey • 2-burner gasser with GrillGrates

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”