Lookin' a gift Fish in the mouff

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Lookin' a gift Fish in the mouff

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:49 pm

How well I know about dem Grannies and dat buttermilk - - - - I had some in the frig for Sherry's fried Okra but dat don't g'on my fish - - - no way no how - - - grillin was thought of but not for long since the wiffy wanted corn meal batter on her'in. :dont:

BTW, I still have my Mom's wooden spoon and I use it often - - - - nuttin like it for certain thangs :chef:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:02 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:How well I know about dem Grannies and dat buttermilk - - - - I had some in the frig for Sherry's fried Okra but dat don't g'on my fish - - - no way no how - - - grillin was thought of but not for long since the wiffy wanted corn meal batter on her'in. :dont:

BTW, I still have my Mom's wooden spoon and I use it often - - - - nuttin like it for certain thangs :chef:

Wooden spoons, my mum used to threaten us with a dog collar, I even got the odd slap with it. In fact I punched a hole in my wall in the bedroom and put the collar down the cavity. I put a Hendrix poster over it. Lol. She never found out for years.

Russ
Be different.......we love different. :happ:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:16 pm

Kiwiruss wrote: In fact I punched a hole in my wall in the bedroom and put the collar down the cavity. I put a Hendrix poster over it. Lol. She never found out for years. Russ

so you out "Fox'de Lady" :whiteflag: :dont: :laughing7:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:35 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:
Kiwiruss wrote: In fact I punched a hole in my wall in the bedroom and put the collar down the cavity. I put a Hendrix poster over it. Lol. She never found out for years. Russ

so you out "Fox'de Lady" :whiteflag: :dont: :laughing7:

Always tried to be one step ahead of her,lol. Great memories as a kid though. Sorry for hijack.

Russ
Be different.......we love different. :happ:
professor bunky USER_AVATAR
Professor Bunky
Outlaw

Postby Professor Bunky » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:01 pm

Great looking fish, OUP. It's making me hungry.

I've never made fried fish before - only grilled salmon steaks and such.
88rxna
Rustler

Postby 88rxna » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:19 pm

I gotta go catch me some walleye...thems good eaten!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:17 am

10-2 Rocket, my late Hot Rod Bud from Minnesota turned me onto Walleye last year right before he passed away from a very very long illness. He asked me if we had a Culver's around here and I didn't have a clue - - -name was new to me but I found out that we did AND that "during Lent/MardiGras" they serve fried Walleye. Well, I did have me several platters until the season expired. He was also a former Walleye Fishing Guide and he loved to EAT :tup: R.I.P. Bob :salut:

Sometime I would love to find some fresh Walleye fillets and try Blackening them over charcoal :chef: :cheers:

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”