Thank You Mr Egghead !

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Thank You Mr Egghead !

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:27 pm

The subject title is what my Wife said when she dipped a chip in this Pineapple Mango Pico that Egghead shared with us. "It Is Guuuuuud" :tup: :salut: :cheers:

The Personal Pineapple yielded just shy of 4 cups and the two Mango made up 2 cups. I par-boiled the red peppers and jalapeno for a minute to take the "reflux and heat" from them but the jalapeno only went into my share. It was quiet a job but that's probably just my inexperience and tippy toeing thru this process so as not to mess it up. Everything is chillin and gettin to know each other until later this ennin when we will knock a big dent in the contents of both bowls.

I think I'm gonna run my hotter batch thru my little processor and change it to more of a Salsa.
Reason being that I don't "dip with chips" as much as the Wiffy. I will also be able to use it on my morning breakfast Tacos and "ETC".

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

UNLEADED
IMG_0008.JPG

LEADED
IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

Thanks again, Egghead :tup: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Re: Thank You Mr Egghead !

Postby egghead » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:11 pm

We had it on the side with some salmon last night. Went perfect with the salmon.
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:47 pm

No Doubt - - - there's definitely something "Fishy" in our future also :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:28 pm

Wow, there really ARE personal pineapples. :laughing7:

Now that looks goooooood. :salut:
Moink!
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:35 am

That looks really good, maybe I can beg a piece of fish from a buddy that has time to, and give this a spin.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:02 am

thanks, it's a good recipe and if it lasts, I may use it on some Shrimp Diablos later this week :salut:

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”