Betty Kellye's Cabbage Patch Stew Two

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Betty Kellye's Cabbage Patch Stew Two

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:18 pm

I've done a post on this before but, since the Wiffy demanded I fix it today, I thought I'd share with some that might not have seen it before. The Wiffy absolutely loves it so "happy Wife, happy Life" :dont: BTW, this stuff freezes very well and sometimes during the winter I'll make a double batch.

Gonna share these prelim pics first and then I'll post the finished plated products.

IMG_0040.JPG

IMG_0041.JPG

IMG_0042.JPG

IMG_0043.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Betty Kellye's Cabbage Patch Stew Two

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:25 pm

Getting Closer - - - Konebraid's done :tup:
IMG_0044.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:08 pm

We both got hongry and rushed it a tad so it was a tinnie bit crunchy but still "Larapin" - - - she's still simmering and reducing and getting softer and then I'll turn off the burner - -- we'll eat supper later and then in the Icebox. :lol: The only thing that would have made it better would be if the temp outside was in the Fifties. :dont:
IMG_0046.JPG
IMG_0047.JPG
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:13 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:We both got hongry and rushed it a tad so it was a tinnie bit crunchy but still "Larapin" - - - she's still simmering and reducing and getting softer and then I'll turn off the burner - -- we'll eat supper later and then in the Icebox. :lol: The only thing that would have made it better would be if the temp outside was in the Fifties. :dont:
IMG_0046.JPG
IMG_0047.JPG

Looks great. We are thinking along the same lines. Gonna have some fried purple cabbage to go with our beef ribs tonight. My wife makes killer fried caggage. I'll try to get a pic or two.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:18 pm

My bowl for supper is going to have a couple spoons of that Outlaw Salsa - - - the Rotels/GreenChilies didn't do it for me and the Wiffy don't do spicy - - - - :salut:
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:27 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:My bowl for supper is going to have a couple spoons of that Outlaw Salsa - - - the Rotels/GreenChilies didn't do it for me and the Wiffy don't do spicy - - - - :salut:

Did you see these we put up today?
Attachments
20246145_1547965961890891_2834715914572560795_n.jpg
20245352_1547965945224226_4364205780149075821_n.jpg
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:50 pm

yeeeeeah I did - - - I'm gonna try some and soon ?I hope? :salut:
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:49 pm

The rest looks like something I'm gonna try when it stops being summer. Mmmmmm! :laughing7:

:tup:
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:11 pm

Sailor Kenshin wrote:The rest looks like something I'm gonna try when it stops being summer. Mmmmmm! :laughing7: :tup:

Sailor, excuse me - - - don't know what happened but when I went to quote you I deleted half your post. :dont: :roll: :whiteflag: :laughing7:
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:33 pm

Funny you posted about a stew Emm, my wife hasn't cooked anything in the kitchen for over 10 years, BUT, last Friday was her last day off with the school hols, she works at a high school near us. We had won some steak the night before. Well she made a stew and mash and peas. Coulda knocked me over with a feather. Contents very similar to yours, except no cabbage, and Worcester sauce added.

Yours looks real nice, I might try it your way next time.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
professor bunky USER_AVATAR
Professor Bunky
Outlaw

Postby Professor Bunky » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:22 pm

That's a great stew, OUP. The cornbread is a really nice touch. We'll definitely try it in the cooler weather.
:cheers: :chef:

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”