Re: Outlaw Salsa "D.I.L. Update"

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Re: Outlaw Salsa "Mamacita es Caliente"

Postby Russ » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:21 pm

Yup, popping lids is good, sign of good things to come huh? I love making stuff here in the summer to use during the winter. I've just put a bottle of plum and plain tomatoe sauce out at the front door for the gardener that does our section. He says home made is the best ever.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:29 pm

I enjoy it, Pard, but not as much as I "used to" - - - mileage is starting to show, yanno ? :D
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:20 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:WHEW :whiteflag: I did let my taste buds and Outlaws Salsa "almost" overload my capabilities. What started out to be a couple of jars for me turned into 8 pints that had to be processed in hot water bath - - - :dont: oh well, they are done and I am pooped - - - hopefully the D.I.L. and my Kiddos will enjoy it. :chef: Nuttin like the sound of poppin lids in the afternoon :laughing7:
IMG_2696.JPG

Love that sound! Those look spectacular.
Moink!
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:53 am

Those look great. Welcome to my world. Now you will have folks hinting around about when you will be makin more. lol :roll: :roll:
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:46 am

Speaking of popping lids ??

Lol, how hot are we talking here guys ?

My days off a cast iron lined stomach and off ramp are long gone, lmao...

Well, i suppose i can just look, and i must say that both Outlaws and Emms look exceptional !!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:14 am

thanks, Y'all - - - OH, W. V. let's just say that "Hot" in this case means "YOU" probably couldn't survive being in the same room where it was cooking :whiteflag: :laughing7:

thanks again, Outlaw, for all your help and recipe :salut: :cheers:

P.S. after using on some supper nachos yesterday (way too late in the ennin), I discovered that I probably shouldn't indulge after 5pm, if I don't want to have pepcid and mallox for a late night snack :whiteflag:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:35 am

Naah, this is candy. Perhaps I will share my Ghost pepper "Mothers Milk" drizzling sauce if anyone has an interest. That stuff is definately not for the faint hearted. I'm am out right now OUP or I would send you a little. I only make about a quart at a time and it lasts. You use it sparingly kinda like the hot chinese mustard.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:04 am

If it's hotter than the Salsa you sent then pleeeezzzz don't waste the postage :whiteflag: I'll just take your word for it. :tup: tanks anywho :salut:
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:21 am

OldUsedParts wrote:If it's hotter than the Salsa you sent then pleeeezzzz don't waste the postage :whiteflag: I'll just take your word for it. :tup: tanks anywho :salut:

Oh yeah, it's hot. On the scoville scale everything in the Outlaw salsa is like low to mid list count, while the peppers in my Mothers milk starts at the very top. Impossible to eat on its own, a 1/4 tsp will season a whole pot of beans or batch of wings. It's really just a party favor for those friends that "say" they can eat anything hot you can come up with,
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
professor bunky USER_AVATAR
Professor Bunky
Outlaw

Postby Professor Bunky » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:49 am

Great looking Salsa & Pizza!

It's probably way too hot for my tastes these days (we gave up growing jalapenos after last year's batch got too hot for us to deal with).
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:07 am

FWIW - - - sometimes the mulch that you use can really effect the heat of the peppers - - - - I don't know what a calming mulch would be but I do know that if you use a pine saw dust mulch they can turn out almost uneatable - - - even for me - - - - I tried it on two plants several years ago and all of the plants came from the same batch at the Nursery so they were all the same plant and there WAS a huge difference in the heat factors :whiteflag: - - - - there might be something on the net concerning mulch effects on peppers :dont:
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:14 am

I know when I see fresh salsa with a lot of green color in there, that means its gonna taste good - I get excited! :) :chef: :cheers:
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:26 am

Sounds like Outlaw makes my kinda salsa.

I got my wife going on eating spicy stuff. She makes a mean salsa as well. The bad part is she doesn't have a gauge that allows her to tell others it may be hot to them…a couple times she's given her parents (they got yankee taste buds [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]) spicy foods before I could warn them. It wasn't pretty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Re: Outlaw Salsa

Postby outlaw » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:55 am

bsooner75 wrote:Sounds like Outlaw makes my kinda salsa.

I got my wife going on eating spicy stuff. She makes a mean salsa as well. The bad part is she doesn't have a gauge that allows her to tell others it may be hot to them…a couple times she's given her parents (they got yankee taste buds [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]) spicy foods before I could warn them. It wasn't pretty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make you a batch, you will like it. :chef: :chef: :chef:
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:33 pm

My oldest son and his wife were loading up to go to San Antone and Sea World ETC and I had planned on meeting him with a jar of my Salsa to take with him so he could get some chips and munch out at night after the days festivities. However, I get a call from him saying that his wife, the heart patient, has fallen and it appears she has broken her arm and possibly a long bone in her upper leg or hip maybe. He called back later and was following the ambulance to ER.

I tell you, if those kids didn't have bad luck they wouldn't have any luck. :( :deadhorse:

Looks like I'll be monitoring the phone for a while. :whiteflag:

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”