Re: Outlaw Salsa "D.I.L. Update"

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Outlaw Salsa "D.I.L. Update"

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:02 pm

Well, I picked up the fixins and took a stab at Outlaw's Salsa Recipe and let me just say two things
"Es Muy Bueno" and "Es Muy Caliente" I may have to have the Wiffy drive me down the road so I can hang my open mouth out of the window :whiteflag: OK OK OK, so it's hot but not unbearable but it will get your attention muy pronto. I like the stuff Outlaw sent me better than mine BUT I'm gonna do some tweeking in the next day or so and see if I can get close to his fixins. :salut: :cheers:
IMG_0024.JPG
IMG_0025.JPG
IMG_0026.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Re: Outlaw Salsa "Mamacita es Caliente"

Postby Russ » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:21 pm

Looks good to me oup, I love people when they try new things. I'm trying this in summer.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:31 pm

I'm going to use some on my Breakfast Two Taco Pizza in the mon-yawner and then decide iffin I needs ta tame it down with some more maters :scratch:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:40 pm

Love me some homemade salsa. Looks good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:56 am

That looks great, and I applaud you for doing some. I did notice 3 things right off the bat that makes it different than mine. Dehydrated cilantro (yuk), garlic powder instead of minced fresh garlic, and I dont see any chicken bouillon. Those are key for the flavor of mine. Now, if it is a little hot for you try throwing a can of whole tomatoes in the ninja to tone it down. However you do it, make it your own and enjoy.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:28 am

Guilty on 2 counts but I did add some chicken bouillon - - - just didn't show it in the pics - - - I had some fresh Cilantro but it had been in the frig "waaayyyy tooooo long" as was black instead of green - - - that will change on the next batch for sure - - - I did kinda cheat on a few things but since I was only making a small "TEST" batch I throw myself on the Mercy of the Bench :laughing7: :D :lol: I'll be adding a can of chopped maters before breakfast time :salut:
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:52 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Guilty on 2 counts but I did add some chicken bouillon - - - just didn't show it in the pics - - - I had some fresh Cilantro but it had been in the frig "waaayyyy tooooo long" as was black instead of green - - - that will change on the next batch for sure - - - I did kinda cheat on a few things but since I was only making a small "TEST" batch I throw myself on the Mercy of the Bench :laughing7: :D :lol: I'll be adding a can of chopped maters before breakfast time :salut:

:salut: :salut: :salut: Let me know how it turns out.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:27 am

I also made the Wiffy some "Unleaded Salsa" yesterday so I mixed some of it with my "Leaded" Outlaw Salsa for my Breakfast Tacos. The next question was :?: have I made a Taco Pizza, Volcano or Land Mine :?:

Test Results are in:
"BREAKFAST TACO PIZZA n MUY BUENO" :cheers:

IMG_0027.JPG

NOW, to the store for some "mellowing Maters" :salut:
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:10 am

NOW, to the store for some "mellowing Maters" :salut:[/quote]

Lightweight!!! 8) 8) 8)
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:27 am

"Si" :salut:
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:37 am

Looks good, OUP! Especially on the 'pizza.' :salut:
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:56 am

thanks, Sailor, it is tasty and once I get the Octane adjusted, I'm gonna seal up a few pints for later - - -however, the D.I.L. has already placed an order for some - - oh well, I was warned :dont:
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:02 am

however, the D.I.L. has already placed an order for some - - oh well, I was warned :dont:[/quote]

Told ya!!! Now just wait for birthdays and Christmas to come around. I have a great friend that actually buys the container he would like filled for his present. Geez......
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:56 am

outlaw wrote: I have a great friend that actually buys the container he would like filled for his present. Geez......

Hmmmm August 23th the ContainerS are on their way :laughing7: :D :lol:
jist kidding jist kidding :salut:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:15 pm

WHEW :whiteflag: I did let my taste buds and Outlaws Salsa "almost" overload my capabilities. What started out to be a couple of jars for me turned into 8 pints that had to be processed in hot water bath - - - :dont: oh well, they are done and I am pooped - - - hopefully the D.I.L. and my Kiddos will enjoy it. :chef: Nuttin like the sound of poppin lids in the afternoon :laughing7:
IMG_2696.JPG

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”