Next Day Vittles

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Next Day Vittles

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:43 pm

Well, I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. As usual, we shoot for 2pm sit down and end up eating about 4:30/5...
Doesn't matter tho, we had good company with family and that's what counts, and good food is important too :)
Tonight , and probably tomorrow..Monday.. Tuesday.. Wednesday.. Thursday..and even Friday will be leftovers. I'm one of 9, and our entire family ALWAYS goes overboard with the grub, but like I always say...better to have to much than to have a hungry uncle Jimmy looking for something to cut up lol.

So tonight, I heated up some Home Made Stuffing we did out of 3 lbs of French bread. Added the Home Made Caramelized Carrots with Smoked Bacon, Butter,Fresh Parsley ( Italian ) and Brown Sugar done on the Black Stone. Lastly for tonight's grub, I made to Al Dente Penne ( the ONLY ) way I will do pasta in this house and added some Home Made Pasta Sauce Mom brought up. Added what was left of the Brisket and shredded it and let it simmer for a bit. Hit it with some fresh Parm and it was Mangia Mangia time.
Hopefully we'll get to the left over Big Easy Turkey and Home Made Mashed ( clumpy ) Red Taters and Artichoke Dip the wifey has mastered.
We did 2 birds this year, so we got lots of meals for the future.
Turkey carcasses in the pot simmering now for Turkey soup being made tomorrow.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Re: Next Day Vittles

Postby Russ » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:01 am

darn I wish I had smellovision and even tasteovision. Pics as always a delight to see. 10/10 wv.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:19 am

Fantastic as always. Sounds like good grub all around. I honestly had never thought of turkey soup. Our's usually ends up the the chopper for turkey salad sandwiches. We are huge fans of chicken tortilla soup so you may have just inspired me. We probably have enough left over to do both. Thanks WV
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:45 am

Yum Yum Gimme Sum :tup: :salut: :cheers:

This year except for some small snacking stuff I managed to send ALL OF THE LEFTOVER Turkey and ETC home with the Asian Persuasions :rose: :tup: Sarah said that the Turkey Carcass trimmings were going into Soup so maybe I can get her Recipe sometime. :dont:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: Next Day Vittles

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:56 am

Russ wrote:darn I wish I had smellovision and even tasteovision. Pics as always a delight to see. 10/10 wv.

Russ
Thanks Russ, I've always said that exact thing.Who knows, with A.I on the rise, maybe someday we will see , I mean smell and taste such a thing ?
I appreciate the pics comment too.
I think I might start loading pics from the comp tho and not my phone. My new phone takes garbage pics so I've been using the Nikon DSLR and then WiFi'ing them to my phone to load thru Tapatalk, but I lose a lot of quality doing that. Maybe in the future they will be more clear, sorry about that girls and guys.
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:01 am

outlaw wrote:Fantastic as always. Sounds like good grub all around. I honestly had never thought of turkey soup. Our's usually ends up the the chopper for turkey salad sandwiches. We are huge fans of chicken tortilla soup so you may have just inspired me. We probably have enough left over to do both. Thanks WV
Outlaw,
Thanks man I appreciate that, and I too LOVE Tortilla Soup, especially Chicken and Corn.
Turkey Tortilla does sound pretty good huh ? Lol.
Let me know if you try it.

My Mother has been with us for a few days and she LOVES her Turkey Soup.
She's 87 years young, people think she's in her 70' s :):) She's been making her broth like this since I was a kid so if u want the scoop on how, let me know. I'm sure she wouldn't mind. She's not one to keep recipes secret.
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:03 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Yum Yum Gimme Sum :tup: :salut: :cheers:

This year except for some small snacking stuff I managed to send ALL OF THE LEFTOVER Turkey and ETC home with the Asian Persuasions :rose: :tup: Sarah said that the Turkey Carcass trimmings were going into Soup so maybe I can get her Recipe sometime. :dont:
Lol, if you want a second recipe let me know. It's not mine, it's Momma's so it's been around longer than I've been around and nobody has ever snubbed thier noses at it :)
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:28 am

Russ wrote:darn I wish I had smellovision and even tasteovision. Pics as always a delight to see. 10/10 wv.

Russ

What, the pics aren't enough torture? :lol:

Great spread as usual WV. :cheers:
Moink!
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:40 am

Come onnnnnn with the Mama's recipe. My wife just asked what I wanted today? I will be patiently waiting. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:18 am

outlaw wrote:Come onnnnnn with the Mama's recipe. My wife just asked what I wanted today? I will be patiently waiting. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Basically she takes the carcas and puts in a large pot, cover with water just over the top of the carcass and on medium high for 1.5 to 2 hrs.
Pull the carcass out and let sit out til it cools enough to strip the meat off the bones.
Sautee some chopped celery and onions with s&p, boil some carrots and set aside.
Strain the broth ( if you want ), we like to just to get the small bones or gristle or fat out.
Ur gonna need to season the broth so taste it before you add anything.
You can use chicken stock or broth or even Turkey broth ( if ) u can find it.
Also, we use Chicken Boulion granuals, but cubes work too, it's just preference.
U can Simon & Garfunkel it if you want with some Parsley,Sage, Rosemary and Thyme if you like, just go EASY or you WILL overpower the soup.

Add everything and let simmer for a good 2 hrs and in the end, we like to boil some pasta ( tubettini ) , small pasta, strain it and put in a bowl with our soup.
Fresh Grated Parm on top and ur set :)
bondobill
Outlaw

Postby bondobill » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:22 pm

"Awesome" as always, WV :salut: :chef: :chef:

Bill
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:26 pm

About what I expected, got some going now
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:29 pm

outlaw wrote:About what I expected, got some going now. Thanks :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:12 pm

outlaw wrote:[quote="outlaw"]About what I expected, got some going now. Thanks :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
[/quote]Sorry, I forget to tell you to add Spinach or Escarole in the end..
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:35 pm

Outlaw....

How did ur Turkey Soup come out ?

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”