Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: Tx Dragon / Outlaw Biscuits and Sausage Gravy

Postby woodenvisions » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:30 pm

Wow, all of you guys are killing it !!
Bizzkitz are looking rediculously good, nice job guys !!
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:02 pm

outlaw wrote:
Sailor Kenshin wrote:Is that butter you're grating in?

Torture! :laughing7:

Yes Maam. 1 stick of unsalted butter that I stuck in the freezer for about 30 to make easier to grate. :cheers: :cheers:

PB just had a tooth out. This is probably the first thing I'll make for him when he can eat real food again.
Moink!
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:04 pm

You're very welcome. I'm honored right now! But one thing.. You weren't supposed to make them look better than mine!! Lol!
(Insert witty signature here)
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:15 pm

Reminds me of when Vince Gill walked out on stage with Eric Clapton - - the BEST of both just makes FANTASTIC :tup: :salut: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:06 pm

TX1911 wrote:[quote="bsooner75"]You should try it more often…good for your soul :)

But for your liver.....not so much!

[img]http://www.hilariousgifs.com/i/tZOS8.gif[/img][/quote]

Ain’t that the truth!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:54 pm

Sailor Kenshin wrote:
outlaw wrote:

Yes Maam. 1 stick of unsalted butter that I stuck in the freezer for about 30 to make easier to grate. :cheers: :cheers:

PB just had a tooth out. This is probably the first thing I'll make for him when he can eat real food again.

Gotta let us know how they turn out! And tell the Prof to feel better soon!
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:11 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Reminds me of when Vince Gill walked out on stage with Eric Clapton - - the BEST of both just makes FANTASTIC :tup: :salut: :cheers:

Wow. Now that right there is a compliment :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: And I did not make ours better than yours TXD. I know I am looking forward to another plate of them this morning.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:16 am

Txdragon wrote:You're very welcome. I'm honored right now! But one thing.. You weren't supposed to make them look better than mine!! Lol!

My wifes other baking goal is dinner rolls. She now views you as the "all things bread guru" and wanted me to ask if you have a roll recipe as good as this biscuit one??

As an aside, we followed your instructions to the letter. We never touched the dough with our hands, but I am curious whether we would have been able to mix with the bread hook on our Kitchen Aide stand mixer? Any thoughts?

Thanks again Sir. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
professor bunky USER_AVATAR
Professor Bunky
Outlaw

Postby Professor Bunky » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:32 am

Txdragon wrote:
Sailor Kenshin wrote:
outlaw wrote:

Thanks, TD. I'm doing better today and looking forward to some real food (yesterday was just yogurt, cottage cheese and ice cream - good thing I'm not lactose intolerant :lol: ).

I'm looking forward to Sk trying your recipe. Thanks for posting it.
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:34 am

Professor Bunky wrote:
Txdragon wrote:
Sailor Kenshin wrote:
outlaw wrote:

Thanks, TD. I'm doing better today and looking forward to some real food (yesterday was just yogurt, cottage cheese and ice cream - good thing I'm not lactose intolerant :lol: ).

I'm looking forward to Sk trying your recipe. Thanks for posting it.

You will not regret it. Hope you are feeling better.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:20 am

outlaw wrote:
Txdragon wrote:You're very welcome. I'm honored right now! But one thing.. You weren't supposed to make them look better than mine!! Lol!

My wifes other baking goal is dinner rolls. She now views you as the "all things bread guru" and wanted me to ask if you have a roll recipe as good as this biscuit one??

As an aside, we followed your instructions to the letter. We never touched the dough with our hands, but I am curious whether we would have been able to mix with the bread hook on our Kitchen Aide stand mixer? Any thoughts?

I use my mixer to bring the dough together. The only time I do NOT touch it with my hands is when I blend the butter with the dry ingredients. I mix that with either a wooden spoon or spatula.

I have a dinner roll recipe I am still working on. It's not up to my standard yet, but will absolutely share when it Is!
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:27 am

Txdragon wrote:
outlaw wrote:

I use my mixer to bring the dough together. The only time I do NOT touch it with my hands is when I blend the butter with the dry ingredients. I mix that with either a wooden spoon or spatula.

I have a dinner roll recipe I am still working on. It's not up to my standard yet, but will absolutely share when it Is!

Well, we will suffer through with Sister Schuberts till you have it ready because I know it will be the bomb when you co-sign it.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:37 am

The Ladies in the Family like the F-f-f-f-frozen Rolls made by Rhodes (unfortunately the War Dept. likes the pricey sack that's only got 6 rolls in it)- - - I'm not a yeast roll fan but I'll eat them on occasion with LOTZ of Butter . :tup: :dont:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:56 am

OldUsedParts wrote:The Ladies in the Family like the F-f-f-f-frozen Rolls made by Rhodes (unfortunately the War Dept. likes the pricey sack that's only got 6 rolls in it)- - - I'm not a yeast roll fan but I'll eat them on occasion with LOTZ of Butter . :tup: :dont:

My wife makes these pecan apple cinnamon bombs by rolling out those Rhodes rolls. Pretty good like that, but never just had them as rolls. These, they are great!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/SlowRoasted/vi ... 837450849/
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:28 pm

Yikes, if my Wiffy ever sees these I am DOOMED to a life of Baking Breakfast for her. :chef: :whiteflag: :salut:

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”