Big Easy Babybacks & Spares

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

User avatar
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon
Posts: 3239
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:37 pm
Contact:

Big Easy Babybacks & Spares

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:48 pm

Been too long since we've had ribs, so found some MEATY Babybacks and Spares. The Babybacks sat overnight submerged in Coke ( the liquid kind ) :):):)...
The Spares got halved, then doused with Sucklebusters Texas Pecan Rub and the other half Sucklebusters Hog Waller.

Made two sauces from scratch, one was a Strawberry ( real strawberries ) BBQ sauce and the other was a Coke base ( again, liquid kind ) with lots of Ground Pepper and Cinnamon along with a long list of spices.

Lightly sauced the Spares with the Strawberry and the Babybacks with the Coke sauce. Hung up in the Big Easy , Crisper Lid OFF for 90 minutes, spritzing every 20 minutes with a Apple Juice/Cider mix. Took them out, sauced accordingly and wrapped in foil, layered them horizontally for another 90 minutes.
Took them out of the sauce sauna and hung back up after saucing again for 30 minutes with the Crisper Lid on !

Not only are the Absolutely Delicious, ( The Strawberry BBQ Sauce ) should be Illegal, but they are moist and tender as can be. Best of all, they weren't overdone at all, just right.

Big Easy pulls it's weight Again :):)

Hope y'all like the pics, we're gonna go Mangia Mangia :):)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by woodenvisions on Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Russ
Chuck Wagon
Posts: 2825
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:31 am
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Big Easy Babybacks & Spares

Postby Russ » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:59 pm

Ok, I've said I'd like to live next door to oup many times, sorry oup, I've jumped the fence, I wanna be WVs new neighbour. What I would give to,try that, the pics , the colour, the whole 9 yards. That doesn't get better IMHO.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
User avatar
Russ
Chuck Wagon
Posts: 2825
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:31 am
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Big Easy Babybacks & Spares

Postby Russ » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:01 pm

Btw, do you make your own strawberry jam/ coulis?

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
User avatar
OldUsedParts
Deputy
Posts: 9800
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: Montgomery, Texas
Contact:

Re: Big Easy Babybacks & Spares

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:04 pm

No prob Pardnah, I may defect to Penn also if this keeps up :whiteflag:

My one comment on those Reebz is this "Who needs a smoke ring when you've got da Big Easy and W. V. at the helm?" :tup: :salut: :cheers:
OUP

" Country by choice, Texan by the Grace of God "
User avatar
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon
Posts: 3239
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:37 pm
Contact:

Re: RE: Re: Big Easy Babybacks & Spares

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:18 pm

Russ wrote:Ok, I've said I'd like to live next door to oup many times, sorry oup, I've jumped the fence, I wanna be WVs new neighbour. What I would give to,try that, the pics , the colour, the whole 9 yards. That doesn't get better IMHO.

Russ
You and Emm are both in luck !!
We have woods on both sides of us, plenty of room for 2 houses :)
Russ, thx man, the BE is one of those cooking tools that I will NEVER part with. It makes pretty much Everything fool proof for me, so I owe alot to it.

As far as making jam, we haven't yet but I've always wanted to, but Strawberries are thru the roof most of the time. We got these at a good deal, 2 $ a lb, and this sauce called for 2 lbs.
Absolutely Delicious BBQ Sauce, I'm gonna make it often now.
User avatar
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon
Posts: 3239
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:37 pm
Contact:

Re: RE: Re: Big Easy Babybacks & Spares

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:25 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:No prob Pardnah, I may defect to Penn also if this keeps up :whiteflag:

My one comment on those Reebz is this "Who needs a smoke ring when you've got da Big Easy and W. V. at the helm?" :tup: :salut: :cheers:
Thx Emm, I appreciate the kindness.:):)

Funny thing is, right before I started saucing these the first time, I took the cover off of the Akorn ( after I shoveled the 6" of snow ) from the path on the deck so I could smoke these today.
Well, all I can say is this.......


Ever have one of those days where EVERYTHING you touch or try doing goes in the crapper real fast ???
Well, that was today, and after I found all I had was dust and some small pieces of lump left in the bottom of 3 different opened bags, I decided to go with the BE.

All worked out in the end, but no smoke ring and to be honest, I'm not much of one to go nuts over that.
If I get one, great....if not,....I'm pretty sure the sun will still rise in the morning :):):)
User avatar
Russ
Chuck Wagon
Posts: 2825
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:31 am
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: RE: Re: Big Easy Babybacks & Spares

Postby Russ » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:45 pm

woodenvisions wrote:
Russ wrote:Ok, I've said I'd like to live next door to oup many times, sorry oup, I've jumped the fence, I wanna be WVs new neighbour. What I would give to,try that, the pics , the colour, the whole 9 yards. That doesn't get better IMHO.

Russ
You and Emm are both in luck !!
We have woods on both sides of us, plenty of room for 2 houses :)
Russ, thx man, the BE is one of those cooking tools that I will NEVER part with. It makes pretty much Everything fool proof for me, so I owe alot to it.

As far as making jam, we haven't yet but I've always wanted to, but Strawberries are thru the roof most of the time. We got these at a good deal, 2 $ a lb, and this sauce called for 2 lbs.
Absolutely Delicious BBQ Sauce, I'm gonna make it often now.


Easy as, I've made 4 batches so far, we've picked over 8 kg so far.
Equal amount sugar and fruit, boil for 20 mins and put in jars. Easy eh?

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
User avatar
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon
Posts: 3239
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:37 pm
Contact:

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Big Easy Babybacks & Spares

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:46 pm

Russ wrote:[quote="woodenvisions"][quote="Russ"]Ok, I've said I'd like to live next door to oup many times, sorry oup, I've jumped the fence, I wanna be WVs new neighbour. What I would give to,try that, the pics , the colour, the whole 9 yards. That doesn't get better IMHO.

Russ
You and Emm are both in luck !!
We have woods on both sides of us, plenty of room for 2 houses :)
Russ, thx man, the BE is one of those cooking tools that I will NEVER part with. It makes pretty much Everything fool proof for me, so I owe alot to it.

As far as making jam, we haven't yet but I've always wanted to, but Strawberries are thru the roof most of the time. We got these at a good deal, 2 $ a lb, and this sauce called for 2 lbs.
Absolutely Delicious BBQ Sauce, I'm gonna make it often now.[/quote]

Easy as, I've made 4 batches so far, we've picked over 8 kg so far.
Equal amount sugar and fruit, boil for 20 mins and put in jars. Easy eh?

Russ[/quote]Huh ????
R u serious ??
User avatar
Txdragon
Deputy
Posts: 3615
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 3:13 pm
Location: Forney, TX
Contact:

Re: Big Easy Babybacks & Spares

Postby Txdragon » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:56 pm

Simply beautiful!!
(Insert witty signature here)
User avatar
OldUsedParts
Deputy
Posts: 9800
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: Montgomery, Texas
Contact:

Re: RE: Re: Big Easy Babybacks & Spares

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:56 pm

woodenvisions wrote: All worked out in the end, but no smoke ring and to be honest, I'm not much of one to go nuts over that. If I get one, great....if not,....I'm pretty sure the sun will still rise in the morning :):):)


10-4 - - I've gotten good smoky flavor with very little ring and then visa versa - - :salut:
OUP

" Country by choice, Texan by the Grace of God "
User avatar
bsooner75
Chuck Wagon
Posts: 3830
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Big Easy Babybacks & Spares

Postby bsooner75 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:56 pm

Nicely done


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Chuck Wagon
Posts: 2825
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:31 am
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Big Easy Babybacks & Spares

Postby Russ » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:04 pm

woodenvisions wrote:
Russ wrote:[quote="woodenvisions"][quote="Russ"]Ok, I've said I'd like to live next door to oup many times, sorry oup, I've jumped the fence, I wanna be WVs new neighbour. What I would give to,try that, the pics , the colour, the whole 9 yards. That doesn't get better IMHO.

Russ
You and Emm are both in luck !!
We have woods on both sides of us, plenty of room for 2 houses :)
Russ, thx man, the BE is one of those cooking tools that I will NEVER part with. It makes pretty much Everything fool proof for me, so I owe alot to it.

As far as making jam, we haven't yet but I've always wanted to, but Strawberries are thru the roof most of the time. We got these at a good deal, 2 $ a lb, and this sauce called for 2 lbs.
Absolutely Delicious BBQ Sauce, I'm gonna make it often now.


Easy as, I've made 4 batches so far, we've picked over 8 kg so far.
Equal amount sugar and fruit, boil for 20 mins and put in jars. Easy eh?

Russ[/quote]Huh ????
R u serious ??[/quote]


Yup.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
User avatar
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon
Posts: 3239
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:37 pm
Contact:

Re: Big Easy Babybacks & Spares

Postby woodenvisions » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:34 am

Td & Sooner,
Thanks guys !

Russ, I thought that there was a lengthy process to making jam, but I'm happy to hear it's not that involved.
I'm gonna have to give it a shot. We have a local farm that we pick our berries from. Blueberries, Red Raspberry and especially Blackberries the size of a Smart Car.... Plus they raise thier own Cattle and sell thier meats from thier store on the premises, but unfortunately their prices for that are just too much.
We do support them tho by buying thier fruits. And right down the street a little ways is another Dairy Farmer that we get Glass Bottled Milk and thier own branded Ice Cream from.

Looking forward to the berry season not too far off, I'm gonna try your preserves recipe.

Thanks Russ:):)
User avatar
Sailor Kenshin
Outlaw
Posts: 2418
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:58 pm
Location: Eastern seaboard
Contact:

Re: Big Easy Babybacks & Spares

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:11 am

Would there be room for THREE houses?

*if some of those ribs are missing you'll know who sneaked in and ate them*. :laughing7:

PS: We make preserves from blackberries and grapes growing in the yard. EZ, once you get the method.
Moink!
bondobill
Outlaw
Posts: 1250
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:07 pm
Location: Pacific NW
Contact:

Re: Big Easy Babybacks & Spares

Postby bondobill » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:38 am

Dang !!!! Just Dang !!!
Those sure look tasty WV. :salut: :chef: :cheers:

Bill

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests