Rumpys Last Ride

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Rumpys Last Ride

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:41 am

Even tho this Rump Roast spent some time over the Kingsford, I could not, in good conscience, post this in Grillin and Chillin. So here is the WAY TOO INVOLVED trek of a small Rump Roast that I am attempting to turn into pulled BBQ Beef.

It spent the night in this marinade https://www.certifiedangusbeef.com/reci ... spx?id=669 before going on the ECB the next day.
IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

This morning I cut it into smaller chunks and put it in the Crock Pot on Low for 4 hours along with some chopped own-yawn, beer and water.
IMG_2727.JPG

After 4 hrs on Low I put it on High for an hour and then removed the meat and pulled it. (seems pretty tender)
IMG_2728.JPG

Then I put the pulled beef back into the Crock Pot on Low with some Suckle Busters Hot and Spicy BBQ Sauce and Honey.
IMG_2729.JPG

Now I'll let it simmer there until time to stack some Sammies for Lunch ?or maybe sooner?
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Rumpys Last Ride

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:18 pm

If I do this again, it will be with a Chuckie but just so ya know - - - the Wiffy woff'd down 2 sammies before I could get my first one made and swallowed. Quite a bit of time and effort but it's pretty larapin fo sho :tup:

IMG_2730.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:26 pm

Looks like it came out nice.

I’ve found chuck roast to be a good add on item when I’m smoking a butt / brisket or smoking multiple chucks to be most efficient. Pulled pork and pulled beef always come in handy to have vac sealed in the freezer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:47 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:If I do this again, it will be with a Chuckie but just so ya know - - - the Wiffy woff'd down 2 sammies before I could get my first one made and swallowed. Quite a bit of time and effort but it's pretty larapin fo sho :tup:

IMG_2730.JPG

If it was half as good as it looks..... :salut: :chef: :cheers:

wannnnt!
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:34 pm

thanks, one good thing was that I learned a couple of things and at my age that is "rare" :laughing7:
captjack USER_AVATAR
CaptJack
Outlaw

Postby CaptJack » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:46 pm

22"OldSmokey • 2-burner gasser with GrillGrates
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:57 pm

I'll take 3 please :):)