oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Sat Morn Breakfast Serial

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:40 am

Title:
"Some ask why and some reply - Cause I had it in the Frig"
Characters:
2 Guerrero White Corn Tortillas (laid flat in the stack and not folded or rolled) - always thinking of Chili Farmer when the Guerreros come out to play. :salut:
A layer of Egghead's Smoked Cheddar Cheese and Smoked Jack Cheese (yum yum)
A layer of Pepper Jack Cheese
A layer of browned Owens Hot Pan Sausage, mixed into and scrambled with one large cackle berry
A layer of homemade Salsa (Outlaw inspired), homemade Pepper Jelly and homemade Sooner Jalapeno Green Sauce mixed together and applied to a Tort during stacking
Of course S & P as wanted/needed

No pic this time but I've posted some less populated ones in the past. :dont:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Sat Morn Breakfast Serial

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:50 am

Dang, I forgot to mention a good dusting of Suckle Buster's Texas Pure Chipotle Gunpowder :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:13 pm

so you made a tortilla sandwich. Bet'cha had it all over'ya and that's why you didn't let us see. ;)
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:06 pm

Well that's not unusual but I always eat breakfast before I bathe in the mornings. :laughing7:
These things just lie in the plate while I attack them with a Fork and Coffee chasers. :tup:
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:24 pm

8 yo granddaughter staying this weekend, poached eggs on toast please gang gang? And a hot chocolate with marshmallows please. Done,lol. Her wish is my command. The free range eggs I get are nearly all double yolkers so just the 1 egg. Although today her egg was a double yolker with 1 split into 2 so almost a triple yolker.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:08 pm

Russ wrote:8 yo granddaughter staying this weekend, poached eggs on toast please gang gang? And a hot chocolate with marshmallows please. Done,lol. Her wish is my command. The free range eggs I get are nearly all double yolkers so just the 1 egg. Although today her egg was a double yolker with 1 split into 2 so almost a triple yolker.

Russ

I have NEVER seen a triple, though we occasionally get a double.

You both have it all over us! We actually had real cereal this morning. :laughing7:
Moink!
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:32 pm

Sailor Kenshin wrote:
Russ wrote:8 yo granddaughter staying this weekend, poached eggs on toast please gang gang? And a hot chocolate with marshmallows please. Done,lol. Her wish is my command. The free range eggs I get are nearly all double yolkers so just the 1 egg. Although today her egg was a double yolker with 1 split into 2 so almost a triple yolker.

Russ

I have NEVER seen a triple, though we occasionally get a double.

You both have it all over us! We actually had real cereal this morning. :laughing7:

Isla twists her around her little finger. First time I've encountered close to a triple yolk as well. I buy trays of 20 and about 75 % are double yolkers. She has eggs again yesterday,lol. :chef: :deadhorse:

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:52 pm

I'm still needing to locate the Free Range Egg Place close to here but just haven't had it in my schedule. :dont: :banghead:
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:04 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:I'm still needing to locate the Free Range Egg Place close to here but just haven't had it in my schedule. :dont: :banghead:

The guy I use is sort of off grid and hard to pin down but I'm not easily deterred,lol, I txt him now and he leaves with his neighbour and I go and pay him. I normally get 5 trays of 20, me my son and my daughter and 2 friends that love them as well. It's a bit of a journey but we get there,lol.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:05 pm

At $10 a tray it's worth his while,lol.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:07 pm

I'm prepared for these here to be at least twice what I'm paying at HEB or maybe even triple the price and I would only use them for special cooks also. :dont:
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:16 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:I'm prepared for these here to be at least twice what I'm paying at HEB or maybe even triple the price and I would only use them for special cooks also. :dont:

I'm pretty fussy on what I eat, try and stay away from sprays etc, I've been getting eggs off my guy for 25 years, the guy that has it now worked for the last guy who died after school, so I've known them all for years and I guess why he goes out of his way for me. I can get supermarket for $2 a doz, but no colour or taste. Same as my butcher who retired and sold his shop, I won't go in the new guys place. Although he's retired he still buys and sells meat to friends, he still makes sausage and saveloy links for me.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”