Prime Rib via The Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

dabertl USER_AVATAR
daBertl
Bandolero

Re: Prime Rib via The Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer

Postby daBertl » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:31 pm

Thx again my friend, then i have to look for the one on ur fotos.
But i found only the one on my foto. I hope that i can find here. Or i will have a reason for another visit to the US :D
Extra Bavaria non est vita, et si est vita, non est ita.
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: Prime Rib via The Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer

Postby woodenvisions » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:12 pm

daBertl wrote:Thx again my friend, then i have to look for the one on ur fotos.
But i found only the one on my foto. I hope that i can find here. Or i will have a reason for another visit to the US :D
Ur welcome .

Do you have a Lowe's there ?

They have them, mostly the newer ones but if you look you can still get the Older ones.

Good luck.
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:49 am

Woody, the top one is listed for around 80, the bottome one is listed for around 90, which one is which? I am challenged.
dabertl USER_AVATAR
daBertl
Bandolero

Postby daBertl » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:32 am

woodenvisions wrote:
daBertl wrote:Thx again my friend, then i have to look for the one on ur fotos.
Ur welcome .

They have them, mostly the newer ones but if you look you can still get the Older ones.

Good luck.

The internet don´t know any shop here.
So i can ask for a nice holiday trip in Summer :D

What do you recommend for a 3 week trip with 2 little Children?
Normaly we all like beach holiday, but in the US i want to see something of the Country and the poeple. We know already California, the region around New York and we don´t like Florida.

There u can see, what can happen if u show me maschines i cannot buy here :lol: :cheers:
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:44 am

GRailsback wrote:Woody, the top one is listed for around 80, the bottome one is listed for around 90, which one is which? I am challenged.
Sorry for the confusion,

Um, the top pic is the newer version, very cheaply made. The bottom is the original one which can still be found here and there and the thing is built like a tank. The pricing fluctuates depending upon where you get them. I've seen them as low as 70$ at one point and as high as 150$ believe it or not. Most places will sell them for around 80-90$, you just need to know where to look. Truthfully, if I had to pay the 150$ myself knowing how they cook, I'd do it but if I were you I'd look into some sporting goods stores like Cabela's,Herman's,Bass Pro Shops and even your local hardware stores. I've seen these sold in places I'd never expect. As a matter of fact, last year I bought my buddy one for his Retirement and I found it on sale for 80$ at the ShopRite 10 minutes from the house...I had to look twice, I couldn't believe they had 3 of them sitting near checkout next to the the mountain pile of Suzy Q's and Devil Dogs !!!

Guilty as charged...I took a good chunk out of that pile, lol !!
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Prime Rib via The Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer

Postby woodenvisions » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:25 pm

daBertl wrote:[quote="woodenvisions"][quote="daBertl"]Thx again my friend, then i have to look for the one on ur fotos.
Ur welcome .

Good luck.[/quote]

The internet don´t know any shop here.
So i can ask for a nice holiday trip in Summer :D

What do you recommend for a 3 week trip with 2 little Children?
Normaly we all like beach holiday, but in the US i want to see something of the Country and the poeple. We know already California, the region around New York and we don´t like Florida.

There u can see, what can happen if u show me maschines i cannot buy here :lol: :cheers:[/quote]Lol, that's all it takes to get you on a plane ??
Pretty Kool if you were able to take a trip like that Bert.
As for recommendations, it would depend on the time of year, but I'll get to that after this important part....

You would definitely need to visit the big state of Texas, although I've never been there myself, this forum and the members on her exemplify how good of a place Texas is, so if I were you, I'd hit Texas and maybe even meet some of these ladies and gents.

Now as far as other states that have beautiful country, Vermont is a MUST around mid to late September. The colors of the trees, the back windy country roads, the people themselves are really hospitable and of course the Maple Syrup.

Another place that I'm very fond of is Coastal Maine. I'm a huge seafood fan and I've had seafood from California to New York and Florida to Maine and imho, New England, especially Maine has the Best Cold Water Lobstah I've ever had. Also, Maine is known for thier Wild Blueberries which are phenomenal !

Boston is a great place, it's alot like NYC except in NYC the roads usually have a pattern like a # sign. Boston will keep you on ur toes because just when you think ur headed the right direction, they throw in a circle ( roundabout ) or in the case of New Englanders, they are called Rotary's lol...
And in one second ur on a cobblestone road as well :)
Boston is a great place, but just like any big city it has it rough areas.
As for food, you must try the Boston Baked Beans they are known for.

Pennsylvania has beautiful mountains as well, especially up in the ( Poconos ) are where we are.
Keep in mind tho that up here the weather changes while you blink so in the late Autumn till Early to mid April watch the roads.
Also, Northwestern New Jersey and Most of Pennsylvania have an ongoing competition with each other to see how many insurance claims are put in for Deer collisions.
I've lived in both States, and Pennsylvania is way in the lead so keep that in mind.
Upstate New York and even Further to a place called 1,000 islands is gorgeous as well.

Hopefully some other members can give you some ideas what to see as well.
dabertl USER_AVATAR
daBertl
Bandolero

Postby daBertl » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:03 am

Thanks a lot again :tup:

This all sounds very good to me. But i heared that my wife needs a visum for visiting the US and this must not be very easy to get. For that i will ask in the american embassy the next weeks.

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”