Prime Rib via The Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Prime Rib via The Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer

Postby woodenvisions » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:00 pm

Part of our Easter gift from my bro was this Prime Rib. He's got a friend in Jersey that's a butcher and often comes across 2.99$ a lb Prime Rib.
He got is this 5.5 lber which is perfect for the Wife and I.
Our little guy hasn't acquired the taste yet for it, but I'm sure he will as soon as he realizes there's more than Strawberries, Pineapples,and Fruit Loops on this Earth, lol...
So I got it all seasoned with the guys home made concoction that is out of this world. Along with it a got a bag of the seasoning so I did the ends as well. I'm a crust guy so I couldn't resist.
In the Big Easy it went without the Crisper Lid till it hit 115 internal temp, then the lid went on until it hit about 125.
Pulled and wrapped it in a towel and let it sit for an hour before slicing it. End temp was about 133-134.

Roasted some Carrots in there as well using Brown Sugar, Molasses, Clover Honey, Buckwheat Honey, and S&P.

In the end, I threw some frozen Cheesy Garlic Bread in the BE as well for 10 minutes, it all came out like Everything always comes out of this cooker.... Awesome :):)ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Re: Prime Rib via The Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer

Postby GRailsback » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:52 pm

Dang Woody, you had been kind of quiet lately, but you came roaring back with that cook.
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:53 am

Appreciate that Grails,

Yeah, I've been preoccupied for the last month dealing with Colds, Sinus Infections and Bronchitis between the 3 of us along with trying to keep up with our day jobs and our business at night and weekends from home, so the past month or so was a blur.
Thankfully, all of the ( Sunday ) all day cooks in the past paid off. We just grabbed some grub from the freezer in the freezer bags the nights before, let em thaw and it was quick heat and eat for us for a while.
It was nice to actually ( make ) something for a change this weekend :)
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:05 am

G.R. hit the nail on the head - - - if I thought that taking a brake could make me cook like that, I"d disappear also :tup: :salut: :cheers:

:laughing7: :laughing7: what's that piece of Corn sticking in the end of the P.R. for ? :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
dabertl USER_AVATAR
daBertl
Bandolero

Postby daBertl » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:47 am

Looks awesome :chef:
Could you tell me more about that heck´s machine?
Extra Bavaria non est vita, et si est vita, non est ita.
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:24 am

*swoon*

:salut: :cheers: :chef:

WV does it again!
Moink!
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:57 am

Looks fantastic. Having a hard time imagining the flavor profile though. Does it taste like fried prime rib?

Or should I just send you my address so I can taste for myself? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: Prime Rib via The Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer

Postby woodenvisions » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:44 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:G.R. hit the nail on the head - - - if I thought that taking a brake could make me cook like that, I"d disappear also :tup: :salut: :cheers:

:laughing7: :laughing7: what's that piece of Corn sticking in the end of the P.R. for ? :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:
Haha Emm, it definitely wasn't by choice. I can only take credit for turning the dial to the right and clicking the igniter and stuffing my face :)

As for that ( kernal ) , it shoots out the keister at about 125 degrees religiously every time :)
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:51 pm

Sailor Kenshin wrote:*swoon*

:salut: :cheers: :chef:

WV does it again!
Thanks Sailor, it was definitely the best PR I've done, even better than the last two times I used the Nuwave and the Kamado.
I will never cook another Pr again without the BE
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:56 pm

bsooner75 wrote:Looks fantastic. Having a hard time imagining the flavor profile though. Does it taste like fried prime rib?

Or should I just send you my address so I can taste for myself? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sooner, thx man:)

I can HONESTLY say that the flavor was Exactly like what you would expect from one off of the grill or oven, only JUICIER !

I can't imagine deep frying an actual prime rib in oil but what this cooker does do is ( replicate ) the crust of something deep fried.
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:10 pm

daBertl wrote:Looks awesome :chef:
Could you tell me more about that heck´s machine?
I appreciate that Bert !

This is called The Big Easy Tru Infared Oil-Less Turkey Fryer by Char Broiler. Don't be fooled by the ( newer version ) that just came out. I am Completely disgusted by the corners that they cut making the newer models. The new one looks very similar, but the stainless rim on top is very very cheaply made, bends easily.
The legs also are junk as well.

Bottom line is this....

If you want an amazing cooker that Fry's and Bakes just about anything in no time and is extremely healthy ( no oil used ) , get urself one of these just make sure you get the Older version and it will last a Long time.

I've done soup, Steak, Ribs, Cookies, Cakes, Seafood of all kinds ( Scallop's are amazing ) Veggies of all kinds, Apple Pie, Pork Roasts, Pulled Pork, Pork Shoulders, Countless Whole Birds, Turkeys, Lamb Chops..etc etc etc..

Basically, you can use this to cook just about everything while keeping it super moist.

I'll show you the new one compared to the old one below.
Here in the states, you can still get the good one ( older version ) on Amazon for about 80$ which is a complete steal !!
The new version is on top, the better made one ( imho ) is the bottom pic and the one you would want to get if you ever decide on one.

professor bunky USER_AVATAR
Professor Bunky
Outlaw

Postby Professor Bunky » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:48 pm

Your grub looks as wonderful as ever, WV. :cheers:
And thanks for the update on the BE.
dabertl USER_AVATAR
daBertl
Bandolero

Postby daBertl » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:28 pm

Thx a lot, woodenvisions, i never heared of this machine before.
I do not wonder that the price is a little bit different, but if it is really worth, i think about :tup:

DBCF5AFA-8CBB-4A5C-B517-0274B301851A.png
Extra Bavaria non est vita, et si est vita, non est ita.
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:44 pm

Professor Bunky wrote:Your grub looks as wonderful as ever, WV. :cheers:
And thanks for the update on the BE.
Thank PB, and ur very welcome.
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:51 pm

daBertl wrote:Thx a lot, woodenvisions, i never heared of this machine before.
I do not wonder that the price is a little bit different, but if it is really worth, i think about :tup:

DBCF5AFA-8CBB-4A5C-B517-0274B301851A.png
No problem Bert,

Just so you know tho, the one you have pictured here is not the same one. In fact, a guy I work with bought the one in the picture last year. He bought it because he wanted the grill top which this one offers.
I told him he's better off using his grill he already has and to save his money.
This one here also allows you to do some ( smoking ) but I have no idea how well it works for that.

What I do know is this...
This one here does NOT do anywheres near as good at ( crisping ) the food as the original Big Easy.
The main reason is that the Original one has what's called a ( crisper Lid ) and it does a phenomenal job at searing and crisping the food.
The guy at work did a whole chicken with his and the skin was not nearly as crisp and he's now having second thoughts about his purchase.

Just wanted to give you that extra info.

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”